Respected Contributor

I: Gifts for three women in dental office?

@kittykatkay 

I love that idea. Kind to your office and supports local business without breaking bank.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Gifts for three women in dental office?

@CelticCrafter wrote:

Maybe it's just me but I have to ask why? 

Is this like the holiday tipping that's gotten out of hand?

You are entitled to your question.  I just choose to give something (gift certificate to a local pizza place) to my dentist, her hygenists and office workers. 

To me...it is NOT a "holiday tipping", but rather It is only to say thank you to them and I appreciate them so much.  If I have it to give, by golly they will get it.

Have a wonderful holiday season.

Respected Contributor

Re: I: Gifts for three women in dental office?

[ Edited ]

@Twins Mom ...that is so kind of you to say.  I love my dentist and her team.....besides, they have to eat lunch, right???  LOL.

Respected Contributor

Re: I: Gifts for three women in dental office?

Sometimes it's nice just to show a gesture to those pleasent people who are regularly in our lives. 

Wonder if Bath and Body Works still make their scented antibacterial hand lotions?

Respected Contributor

I love my Doctor so I always make her something. One year she said she likes scarves so I crocheted her a scarf. Last year I gave her a tin of popcorn because she loves it and made her a little crocheted creature. I felt weird about the creature but even all the girls in the office loved it. I may make them all a shelf elf this year. I don't give to everyone but some are more special to me. 

Honored Contributor

@Magny you are very generous, giving gifts to three women in an office can be pricey. I don't know how much you want to spend, I know a lot of people like gift cards from Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CelticCrafter wrote:

Maybe it's just me but I have to ask why? 

Is this like the holiday tipping that's gotten out of hand?

While I agree with you, especially given what I pay for dental visits, my dentist's office is often loaded with boxes of candy sent by patients, so I guess sweets aren't necessarily verboten as an expression of appreciation or whatever...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Many years ago when I worked at a bank the local liquor store would give everyone either a bottle of wine or champagne! 

I know that's not acceptable today but at the time I loved it! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter : Yes things can just balloon out of control.We are not rich but could afford gifts. However- I don't drive. My purchases are made on line. I am just tired of the stress of finding gifts, making purchases and worrying if the shipping will be delayed, worried about defective products and the hassle to return something. I have included with this year's Christmas gifts - for three ladies a typed letter. Thanking them for everything but effective January 2021 any and all gifts for each monthly holiday, anniversaries, birthday and Christmas will not continue and please honor and respect my wishes. If they continue the gift giving - that's their choice but I will not feel guilty.

Respected Contributor

I gave the staff at my optometrist a large pump bottle of hand lotion.