Respected Contributor

Gift ideas for teen young lady

Hello!

I hope everyone is doing well. I am seeking some gift ideas for a very special young lady on my Christmas list.

She is 13, on the autism spectrum and according to her mom she has just gotten in to all things girly! She has long hair and enjoys doing her hair, makeup (age appropriate) and her nails, Totally girly 

She is a coworkers daughter and I met her on a zoom call and now she sends me pitctures, cards and funny text messages, (from her mom's phone) She is a delight to know!

I tell her all the time it's a privilege to know her! She then blows kisses...dating show style! (If you remember the show you know what I mean)

Have a great day everyone and thanks for your help!

Honored Contributor

Re: Gift ideas for teen young lady

[ Edited ]
@Franklinbell wrote:

Hello!

I hope everyone is doing well. I am seeking some gift ideas for a very special young lady on my Christmas list.

She is 13, on the autism spectrum and according to her mom she has just gotten in to all things girly! She has long hair and enjoys doing her hair, makeup (age appropriate) and her nails, Totally girly 

She is a coworkers daughter and I met her on a zoom call and now she sends me pitctures, cards and funny text messages, (from her mom's phone) She is a delight to know!

I tell her all the time it's a privilege to know her! She then blows kisses...dating show style! (If you remember the show you know what I mean)

Have a great day everyone and thanks for your help!

@Franklinbell 

Have you considered getting her bracelets with the "healing" beads, "fragrant beads" made of stretchy stuff with real beads, some of which are quartz in various colors; dressy headbands; a lovely necklace.  It would be difficult to buy anything with sizes since you have only met her on zoom.  Do you know what her interests are?  Does she like music?  Does she like any kind of special books? 

A friend has 2 very beautiful, autistc granddaughters who do not speak but sing.  Beyond singing, they never say words.  One plays the piano but they don't know how she learned. The two girls attended a church choir (work) meeting with the grandparents.  While the grandmother was helping put up props for an upcoming event, one girl sat down at the paino and began playing and singing (the first words she had ever voiced to their knowledge).  The other joined in the singing.

They had always loved music and had likely learned the songs listening to their parents' music.  There was a piano at the school they attended twice weekly, 4 hours each time.  tt was said that most students liked music, so it must have been there that she had been exposed to a piano.

So find out what her hobbies or interests are.  I find it interesting that she is on Zoom.  A grandson who is Asperger's, on the spectrum, is very computer savvy and helps with my computer glitches.  He has been interested in the computer since he was 2-3 years old. Whatever interests they have, they seem to become passionately expert in their pursuits. 

Respected Contributor

Thank you! I,like the healing beads! She is so sweet I just want to get her a little something! She gets on the camera when I'm talking to her parent! 

Honored Contributor

Having a relative's grandson like this--ASK her mom.  Otherwise, you won't have a clue what she might want or hate.  With these kids you can't know unless you ask.  

Valued Contributor

@Franklinbell 

I sure do remember The Dating Game!

How about an ULTA gift card?  She would probably have fun shopping for beauty goodies.

Respected Contributor

@Chopsmom @That's a great idea. I have a few other young ladies on my list that would like that! 

Honored Contributor

How about a Caboodle makeup case? The smaller versions aren't expensive, and she could decorate it with stickers if she wanted to.
"If you really want to shock the world unleash your kindness"
Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 @That's a great idea! Thank you!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

two words---

GIFT CARD

Maybe to Amazon for hair items or Ulta for age appropriate makeup like lip gloss .......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

recently purchased these and i think they make a great small gift for a teenager if you dont want to do a gift card. genuine gemstones and lava beads.....set of three necklaces that seem to be very well made. great price at $20 and they can easily be split up into three gifts if you dont want to give her all three. otherwise, she can wear one, two, or three at a time.

Set of 3 Lava Bead & Gemstone Layering Necklaces in Organza Bags - QVC.com

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein