Respected Contributor

Gift ideas for a couple/$50 limit

[ Edited ]

Last year my sil(brother's wife) and I decided to put a $50 limit on our gifts. I'm having a hard time finding a gift for them either together or separate. My brother likes to cook and likes gadgets(cooking and electronics.) She likes animals and travelling. I don't really know what they need and usually surprise them with something. They're both diabetic and follow a diabetic diet. I don't really like giving gift cards unless I know it's for something they will use. They rarely go out to eat or to a movie as they are very busy with various clubs, organizations and working. She's a nurse and also in school. My niece lives in Wales and they visit her at least once a year. Any suggestions for a practical couple gift (or individual)?

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

Re: Gift ideas for a couple/$50 limit

I am a cook and I have found my digital meat thermometer great, you use it to check the doneness it does not stay in the meat while in the oven.. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

A big, beautiful fruit basket.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Contributor

How about  QVC item number K18779. It's a cool kitchen gadget that can do lots of things.  I bought 5 for family for Christmas. We love ours!  Lots of colors to choose from too.

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox ... I'll second the meat thermometer. We just purchased a new digital one, and it is great!

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Esteemed Contributor

How about a edible fruit basket?   You can get a nice one for 50 dollars. Merry X-mas.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That's a tough one, especially when we don't know them. Trying to find one gift when they have varied interests. Interesting reading the responses and suggestions. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@sim2222 wrote:

How about  QVC item number K18779. It's a cool kitchen gadget that can do lots of things.  I bought 5 for family for Christmas. We love ours!  Lots of colors to choose from too.

@sim2222- Thats a nice looking can opener. They're down to only one color, black. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Phone Soap by Lori Granier. It charges and sanatizes cell phones.

Valued Contributor

I know you said you dont like to do gift cards....but what about a gift card from a place like My Publisher for a photo book of their next trip?

Can you lift a pic from their Facebook to order postcards for them?  I had postcards printed for a friend as a gift for hosting a weekend at her lake house.  

Hey you, get off of my cloud...