Valued Contributor

Gift for the Young Budding Artist

My 8 year old granddaughter loves to draw and paint.  Yesterday morning I ordered, from Amazon, a US Art Supply 82 Piece Deluxe Art Creativity Set in Wooden Case with BONUS 20 additional pieces - Deluxe Art Set by US Art Supply.  It was $29.96 and free shipping with Prime.  It just arrived this afternoon and I was blown away by how nice the set is.  I can't wait for her to open it on Christmas - I know she'll love.

I also ordered my grandson's yearly Hess truck (hesstoytruck.com) yesterday as it was the first day it went on sale.  I'm far from done, but hey, I've started!

Honored Contributor

Re: Gift for the Young Budding Artist

@Its Me LuLuBelle2

Thank you for sharing this idea!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Valued Contributor

@LTT1, you're very welcome.  If I can save someone the time and hassle of lookiing at 100 art sets and reading reviews, I'm happy to do it!  And again, the price was outstanding.

Respected Contributor

LuLu, that is the most wonderful gift. Anything to encourage creativity is heaven to an artistic child.

Respected Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2  I had never heard of a Hess truck until I looked it up online. It looks pretty cool. It made me think it might be a good gift for my 8 year old grandson. 

Valued Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

@Its Me LuLuBelle2  I had never heard of a Hess truck until I looked it up online. It looks pretty cool. It made me think it might be a good gift for my 8 year old grandson. 

@itsmagic, trust me on this one - an 8 year old boy will love it.  Hess toy trucks been around forever and since Hess gas stations have closed the best place to buy them is hesstoytrucks.com.  They even come with the batteries.  Who else includes batteries?!?  And yes, they are cool!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Its Me LuLuBelle2  Sounds lovely!!  I can draw stick figures sort of and even I would love that.  It sounds like a lot of fun.  Smiley Happy

So since you have the magic touch, help me out with a 13 year old boy.  If you see anything good, let me know.  Smiley Wink  

Honored Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 wrote:

My 8 year old granddaughter loves to draw and paint.  Yesterday morning I ordered, from Amazon, a US Art Supply 82 Piece Deluxe Art Creativity Set in Wooden Case with BONUS 20 additional pieces - Deluxe Art Set by US Art Supply.  It was $29.96 and free shipping with Prime.  It just arrived this afternoon and I was blown away by how nice the set is.  I can't wait for her to open it on Christmas - I know she'll love.

I also ordered my grandson's yearly Hess truck (hesstoytruck.com) yesterday as it was the first day it went on sale.  I'm far from done, but hey, I've started!

I just pulled that up on Amazon and it looks amazing.  I will have to keep that in mind for my sweet granddaughter for down the road.  Just this past Aug. for her part of her birthday I did the below so we have some time yet. (she is two)

My First Crayola Finger Paint Kit -  Crayola - Toys"R"Us

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Laura14 wrote:

@Its Me LuLuBelle2  Sounds lovely!!  I can draw stick figures sort of and even I would love that.  It sounds like a lot of fun.  Smiley Happy

So since you have the magic touch, help me out with a 13 year old boy.  If you see anything good, let me know.  Smiley Wink  

@Laura14, a 13 year old girl?  LOL - kidding, only kidding.  Last year for a God child (12 and a girl), also from Amazon, I got an Alfred's guitar learn to play, teach yourself.  They have a few different versions of it and as I recall it was around $100.  I was shocked at how nice the guitar was.  Anyway, a year later she still plays, loves it and is actually prettty good!  Good luck.  It's hard to buy for teens, for sure.

Valued Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 wrote:

I just pulled that up on Amazon and it looks amazing.  I will have to keep that in mind for my sweet granddaughter for down the road.  Just this past Aug. for her part of her birthday I did the below so we have some time yet. (she is two)

My First Crayola Finger Paint Kit -  Crayola - Toys"R"Us

@beckyb1012Two is a great age!  I'm sure she had fun with the fingerpaints.  And yes, the set is really amazing - was way beyond my expectations.