Respected Contributor

A book or a simple puzzle.

Trusted Contributor

I would buy her a frozen nightgown. My granddaughter lives in hers. I probably would get a size 7 that way she could wear it a couple years.

Honored Contributor

@sweetee2 wrote:

I would buy her a frozen nightgown. My granddaughter lives in hers. I probably would get a size 7 that way she could wear it a couple years.

We had my DDL's baby shower in March and my SIL gave my 3 year old granddaughter a frozen nightgown as gift for her to open that day.  Of all the gifts she got that day the nightgown was the biggest hit, even over the Big Sister with her name tee shirt I got her.  The next weekend when I was at my son's home she took me straight to her bedroom to show me the nightgown.  She forgot I already saw it.  My son had emailed me during the week and to his Aunt they could not get if off her @sweetee2

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

These are the things that my daughters love when they were three.

Lego Duplos.  There are tons of different kinds to choose from. The great thing about buying duplos as presents is that even if they already have duplos, it is always good to get more pieces to build onto the exisiting collection.

Here is just an exmple.

001.jpg

Puzzles--any 24 piece puzzles.

Ravensburger Puzzles are really good quality.

Again, this is just an example, any of them will do.

201600016840.jpg

Books--Any books by Mo Willems.  The Elephant and Piggie series are good.  Knuffle Bunny is good. The pigeon books are good, too. My daughters loved those books when they were three and still do.

Just an example:

s-l300.jpg

Honored Contributor

You can even do something simple like sidewalk chalk or bubbles of some sort.  I'm not talking about a regular bottle of bubbles.  LOL  They have things that make gigantic bubbles or I just bought my niece a Minnie Mouse bubble blower.  My niece cannot get enough bubbles.    

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

A book or something educational for a 3 year old.I always appreciated learning toys when my son was little.Even something creative like a coloring book & crayons is good.Anything that stimulates a child & makes him/her think is good.

@NicksmomESQ

I so agree with you about a book for a 3 year old.

One Christmas I gave me my great niece (3 at the time)  a couple of little books.  She was so excited to get books because it made her feel like a "big girl."  She even left the toys aside to go sit and look at the books.

Esteemed Contributor

Play Doh

Valued Contributor

My great-grandaughter is almost three.  She loves to dress up.  I would get her a costume from Disney, could even be a gown and some money to put in her college fund and call it a day.

Honored Contributor

Re: Gift for 3 year old

[ Edited ]

@Another new name Sue wrote:

Yes, books are good. If you can find an interactive one with flaps or something, kids love that. Very simple puzzle would give you an opportunity to interact with her if you wish, helping her do the puzzle.

@Another new name Sue @Arianny I agree about the puzzle and the interaction.  Especially if the wee one has never met the OP.  The same would work with a little craft project.

Since it is not known if the little girl is into Frozen or any other characters, I would stick with something non-character specific. 

If she is into these things, chances are she already has enough.

If she isn't into these things, then she may not "get" the idea behind the gift.

What one child may like may not be what another child is into.

There are also "magic" coloring markers that are mess free-just swipe over the pic and the color appears.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

just called my DD she has a 4 yr old son, but has several friends with 3-4 yr old girls.

she says the most popular toys here are Minnie Mouse products. The other is a Doc MacStuffins items.

I know Minnie mouse , that Dr. MacStuffin's not sure what that is.

DD says girls love those toys or clothes with the Minnie's and MacStuffins on them.