Valued Contributor

I need to send some gift baskets (food but no alcohol) in about the $100-$150 range. What are your favorite websites for nice Christmas gift baskets? Thanks!!!

Respected Contributor

Really, gift baskets R so 1980's. At best, make your own. Most gift baskets have a couple items that are ok, the rest is filler junk!!!!

Trusted Contributor

I disagree with you, Skylands. There are some quality gift baskets out there, and things that one would not normally purchase for oneself, like smoked salmon or marcona almonds or hot chocolate from Spain. We thoroughly enjoy gift baskets, as do my in-laws, who don't need things. In the past, I have made my own gift baskets, but they are extremely expensive to ship; all in all, you will get a better deal from a company that specializes in gift baskets, and it is just so much easier!

We have enjoyed fresh fruit, fresh bread and specialty cheeses and deli meats, bakery items, ice cream, breakfast items, and more from various companies that send gift baskets.

Harry and David and Zingerman's are two of my favorites.

I am looking at gifts from Wine Country Gift Baskets today, although I've never ordered from them before. Not all of their gift baskets include wine. They have a nice variety.

For smaller food gifts, I sometimes go to American Spoon (mostly jams) and Graeter's (ice cream), but they are probably not what you are looking for.

Respected Contributor

Yes, it is much more expensive to make your own gift basket. But, I've had many, from ones you've mentioned and I can't recommend them. They make $ by putting a lot of filler junk in the basket, add a couple items to get your attention, so you don't focus on the junk filler. That's how they make $. All-in-all, it's not my cup of tea.

Outdated idea.

Respected Contributor

Hickory Farms-nice gift boxes.

Honored Contributor

Hayneedle.com

Respected Contributor

I love receiving gift baskets. Saw some nice ones at Costco the other day.

Honored Contributor
On 12/4/2014 hennypenny said:

I love receiving gift baskets. Saw some nice ones at Costco the other day.

Another vote for Costco, and all come with free shipping.

Super Contributor

Gift baskets aren't 1980's, that's hysterical!

I make my own gift baskets for friends and they are awesome! Especially when the basket is an All Clad braiser, serving tray or really cool antique dough bowl.

Maybe skylands has received junkie ones...

Regular Contributor

I make my own. I don't give an actual basket though. I put it in something else that can be used. For example, a pot, a serving bowl, a foil pan, a knotted dish or bath towel. I made pants into a bowl once.

I made one for my fil once with a HD bucket, measuring tape, shop towels, burlap...