Valued Contributor

Re: Gift For School Bus Drver?

[ Edited ]

If you appreciate the bus driver, it is a nice gesture. I will say that when I was a preschool teacher, we got a lot of gifts. I have a lot of allergies so couldn't eat the foods or use the candles, etc. It was very nice for parents to do this but we didn't make much money and one time someone gave me a $25 Dillards gift card and I was literally in heaven. The amount back then is probably equal to $50 now and was a lot of money. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

An alarm clock and ear plugs.  Any and all gifts would be appreciated, I'd bet, it's an act of thoughtfulness and kindness.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal 

I'll second the earplugs after riding in a school bus with a couple classes of 2nd graders!  Wow, was that noisy!

Of course, give the bus driver a gift.  S/he will appreciate it. Sometimes these people are overlooked since we focus on the teachers. 

I try to gift everyone who makes my life better, especially including the trash pick-up guy, gardeners, household helper, etc.

Honored Contributor

@ScrapHappy 

Gift card and it's a nice gesture.  

I recommend the generic ones since you do not know where they eat or shop, e.g.  

I do not advocate for items with scents, either, or food items.

Keep it simple.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@ScrapHappy 

Gift card and it's a nice gesture.  

I recommend the generic ones since you do not know where they eat or shop, e.g.  

I do not advocate for items with scents, either, or food items.

Keep it simple.

@Cakers3 

I agree, something like a Visa gift card, where they can it anywhere they want.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@ScrapHappy - Of course! As others have said, a gift card would be nice, and that is what I would probably do today.  When my children were in school, they gave a full-size wrapped loaf of my pumpkin-raisin bread, only because their bus drivers  commented they looked forward to it!   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

@qualitygal 

I'll second the earplugs after riding in a school bus with a couple classes of 2nd graders!  Wow, was that noisy!

Of course, give the bus driver a gift.  S/he will appreciate it. Sometimes these people are overlooked since we focus on the teachers. 

I try to gift everyone who makes my life better, especially including the trash pick-up guy, gardeners, household helper, etc.

@Another new name Sue @qualitygal 

I'm sure school bus drivers would not be allowed to use earplugs.

Safety issue.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

I always gave something to the bus driver, just to say Thank you. I like the idea of a small gift card inside a card and that way, it looks like your child is just giving a card to the driver. 

Honored Contributor

@ScrapHappy wrote:

Thaniks everyone for the responses.  I'll be getting her a gift card to one of the local supermarkets. 

@ScrapHappy - I think that is perfect.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

Gift Card.