Respected Contributor

Re: Gia Giudice's Reality Show

Obviously the network thinks there's still a lot of money to be made of those tacky, lying, criminals and the child's "reality" show is a way to keep cash flowing to them and to keep them from losing their fan base. It's sad and pathetic. But....that's the state of tv "entertainment" today. Americans love trash tv. Even if it is all fake.

Respected Contributor

I don't think it's going to be good for Gia at all-or any of the kids. Other kids- and I am sure we have all experienced this- can be quite brutal and tactless. Dealing with that alone is not going to be good. I watched one video of Gia, and I would never guess she's only 13: 18 is more like it. I didn't see the first video ( it was a cover for a Brittany Spears song) but I read a number of comments about the inappropriate leather bustier on a 13 year old, and what message was that sending to girls of an impressionable age. I watched the Christmas video and it was cute, but I have no doubt there was probably studio manipulations with the vocals. If you've watched the show, you've seen Gia "sing" and she as all over the place. I am not against her pursuing her dreams: neither she nor her sisters should have to pay for their parents crimes, but I think it would be a better and healthier idea to keep her out of the spot light and provide her with more normalcy- and therapy. Poodlepet2
Honored Contributor

Gia has been ""acting"" all along...trying to break into show business.

The scenes with her mom - heart wrenching as they may appear - I firmly believe have all been faked.

She isn't very talented and I doubt she has much of a future in music/movies/TV...just her family's wretched fake reality shows.

Yuck.

Frequent Contributor

Anything you read about Gia and her band and Teresa financing the second video is false. ALL the parents kicked in for the second one.<p>

These kids are wildly popular with the younger set, of which I an no longer a member, lol Gia was offered a reality show based on that popularity which is geared to a much younger set.

I don't watch Disney teen shows, nor do I watch some of the ridiculous 20 something programming on MTV. It's just not my taste. Every generation has it's likes and dislikes, I'm not judging nor slamming as nothing I say will change the fact that this child was offered a reality based TV show based on her groups amazing popularity with the younger set!

Respected Contributor

Is this Andy Cohen who is pushing this?

I feel badly for Gia and the rest of the children.

Honored Contributor

On 12/30/2014 SoftRaindrops said:

I wouldn't put it past him...

Esteemed Contributor

The entire crew is repulsive and exploiting children is the icing on the cannoli. In 50 years Gia will be Lisa Vanderpump: spoiled, arrogant, petulant and elitist.

Respected Contributor

On 12/30/2014 brii said:
On 12/30/2014 SoftRaindrops said:

I wouldn't put it past him...

He seems to enjoy using people .....and I agree with you.

Honored Contributor

On 12/30/2014 Caravaggio said: It is always good to research before just posting something. Even if it does not totally fit the narrative of your thread. They filmed and are shopping the footage around to different networks. It is not a done deal.

Correct. It is nowhere near a done deal.

Esteemed Contributor

Wouldn't Gia be the one making the money anyway if the show goes, not her mom and dad? At 13, it would need to be put into trust for her, right? I don't see how her parents could use it.