Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ghosties & Ghoulies And Things That Go Bump In The Night

My Dad, Mom, Sister and maternal Grandfather all died in the house where I grew up. I'm sure my Mom's grandmother as well as her one brother who died shortly after birth died there too. The place should be crawling with ghosts and goblins, right?

My sister believed in all that hocus pocus, I do not.

I visit my BIL, if my sister was able to tap me on the shoulder or show herself to prove me wrong believe me she would. She would love to say, I told you so.

I think folks want to believe great aunt Tilly is keeping watch.

To me, you are either alive or dead, no middle ground.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@on the bay wrote:

@Mersha,

I didn't have an encounter at Gettysburg, but I have never felt anything like it when visiting the battlefield. There was no denying a presence of -I don't even know how to describe it.

A friend and I were just talking about this last night. She has always seen electrical irregularites-lights on and off; battery operated things turned on when arrviing at home, these signs on the anniversary of her father's death, and so many other times.

@on the bay   Yes, walking around Gettysburg battlefields a dark, uncomfortable feeling surrounds you. 

I read that 23,000 Union soldiers and 28,000 Confederate soldiers died there over a 3 day period.  That is quite a bit of energy in one spot.  There are so many stories regarding "activity" in the area.

I know I saw a Confederate soldier sitting on a rock in the battlefield watching me.  It took me a moment to even grasp what I was seeing.  It was definitely not a good vibe.  It was such a dark, gloomy, cold November day and there were only a handful of people in the area.

My husband looked at me like I had lost my mind when I told him.  I had a bad feeling after the incident and wanted out of there...badly.

I won't go back.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mersha, I visited the battlefields at Gettysburg two times, and am I ever glad that I had no encounter with a wandering spirit.  It would have unnerved me as much as you were distressed.

Perhaps there were no appearances because I was with two grade-school children during the visits, and all our noise and commotion may have deterred an approach.  One never knows.

This is not to say that odd phenomena have not occurred in my life.  Unsought, strange happenings have taken place around me.