Honored Contributor

Re: Ghislaine Maxwell Guilty of Sex Trafficking

They still don't have the men who those girls serviced, remember the girls were not innocent school girls.  Their customers with all their money, privilege and connections are living their lives.  So I'm going to celebrate that a woman is taking fall for ALL the men.  

Valued Contributor

Poor Bill is probably sweating!  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D   You are absolutely RIGHT!  It was such a long time ago that I saw that docu about her life (I believe when epstein had his first case in FL when Dershowitz represented him and he got off with a very light sentence where he spent most of his "jail time" at home.  There were many maneuverings in that case that achieved that very favorable result for him.  

Ghislaine's background was highlighted in some film I watched at the time (probably 20 years ago).  Now, I'm recalling the accurate info you're stating and, yes, she depended on epstein for financial support (and, I suppose other things).  Her family wealth was depleted exactly as you describe.

It was my understanding (although please correct me if I'm wrong) that epstein provided for her financially through the years.  I read that after his second arrest (when he went to jail) that she had millions that allowed her to buy that property in New Hampshire where she was subsequently picked up by law enforcement.  She also had very tight security for years. 

That was the basis upon which I was speculating that she would mount a high-priced appeal.

Thank you for setting the record straight!

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D   I read over Maxwell's info on Wikipedia, which we know may or may not be accurate. Is she still married to Borgerson? She graduated from an excellent college, but that doesn't mean she was a good student. Have you ever read anything about what she was like as a student?

Maxwell seemed to live a socialite's life with little personal achievement that couldn't be bought. The only thing that impressed me was the report that she got a helicopter pilot license -- you have to do that yourself.

Wikipedia says Epstein bought her a $15 million townhouse which she sold. Invest that money in the hot stock market of the past 10 years and she's got plenty of millions.

It sounds like she learned early that if you give the right men whatever they want, you'll be well rewarded.

Trusted Contributor

I wish her well....

Esteemed Contributor

I do hope that the names and activities of very wealthy and famous clients of these two evil people will come to light.  You can’t take back all the harm that has been done, but you can perhaps lift a veil protecting those who participated in these heinous crimes.  Just to think that two ex-Presidents, royalty, and other celebs traveled in this man’s plane.  

Esteemed Contributor

@meallen616 wrote:

Thank goodnes the jury got it right. Now they should go after Royalty, Celebrity and Politicians also.

Every single one of them...no matter their status.  Using their power to do such harm to these girls for their own disgusting ways.  Scum.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

They still don't have the men who those girls serviced, remember the girls were not innocent school girls.  Their customers with all their money, privilege and connections are living their lives.  So I'm going to celebrate that a woman is taking fall for ALL the men.  

The Epstein case is" the worst failure of the criminal justice system in modern times" according the former Palm Bch Police Chief  Michael Reiter.   The RIGHT person, Maxwell, is going to prison for her horrible deeds.  It doesn't matter if she's male or female.
Yes, they ALL were INNOCENT SCHOOL GIRLS until Maxwell and Epstein launched a plan to seek out young girls and groom them for their sex business.  All to blackmail and contol some of the world's wealtiest and powerful men. I  live near Palm Beach, I've been  following this case for 15 years.
Former Palm Bch County DA Barry Krishner and former Florida State Atty Alex Acosta belong in prison with Maxwell.  Epstein bought them off too, I wish they could be prosecuted now.  If those two horrid men did the right thing then, in 2005 we wouldn't be talking about this now.
Honored Contributor

I haven't been watching this case very closely, but have read the highlights daily.

Question ....  isn't she currently married?   Was he present in the court room?   

Is she out on bail or still in custody?

Esteemed Contributor

She has been held in prison the entire time. 

The trial judge denied her bail requests multiple times, I believe as many as five, usually citing that she poses "a significant flight risk."