Honored Contributor

Re: Getting very hard to discuss any subject here anymore...

@reiki604 wrote:

Along with very uneven moderation, lthe thing that gets to me is when two people engage in a one upsmanship where each person is determined to get in the last word in an argument that has disrupted  the flow of conversation and highjacked the the thread and the mods do nothing to shut down the fight from the beginning.

@reiki604  I so agree.  That is why when a poster tries to start a go-round with me I will state my final pov and say that I'm done with the discussion-in other words, I know it's not going to change so why put up with getting knocked?  The person just isn't that important to me.

But you can bet that they will still post one more argument (usually to say I'm wrong lol) but I ignore it.  If I say I'm done, I'm done.

What is really bothering me lately is the latest banning of a "certain pattern of pants" poster.  Banned because she was banned before?? Whaaaa???

I see posters who were banned before who were let back in with this new upgrade posting merrily away.

Fair is fair.  Although some have crept back in with a different nic.

Say who you are, say what you mean, and then let it be.  This place is not meant for a Ph.D dissertation or a Nobel Prize.

I don't like posters assuming that they know my life, know how I celebrate holidays, know what I have done for a living, and blah blah blah.  But it's not worth correcting them because if you do it's either ignored or you are poofed.  LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@giraffe77 wrote:

@SeaMaiden

You've got me curious .... what pooping moose (I missed that somewhere, was it on QVC2 that I never watch)?  

@SeaMaiden.. posting this pic for @giraffe77...  (we got one for my hubby's former boss and he loved the thing LOL)

• qvc Pooping Moose Toy -
    See the source image

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

Back in the day when QVC offered the 'pooping Moose' (mainly during the holidays, I think?), we had so many hilarious threads about it.

It was fun! Mindless fun, but still fun!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Back in the day when QVC offered the 'pooping Moose' (mainly during the holidays, I think?), we had so many hilarious threads about it.

It was fun! Mindless fun, but still fun!

@KingstonsMom, awwwh yes those were some fun threads!!  

We were in Monterey, California for one of my husband's meetings- gave his former boss the moose at the bar- of course we were all drinking- he opened it up and everyone got a big laugh.  He was putting stuff in it and it was very popular (doesn't take much, LOL).

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@SeaMaiden  Your link had political sidebars.  That is why the mod shut down your thread.

It would be better to be more vigilant with your links; sidebars fluctuate, I understand that-but perhaps it would have been better to post a portion of the story without the link.

And honestly-not that this matters-but sometimes all we see around here are tragic stories and gossip from magazines about people we don't know and who don't care about us.

We've had good discussions about serious topics.

There is plenty to discuss although I cringe at topics such as how does one use a public bathroom.  Gah.

@Cakers3   but these are the threads that stay..... threads that are boring and just Gah.

@SeaMaiden  So what other sites to you enjoy?  Surely there are others that have topic you like more.  Are you looking for controversy?  Politics?  Religion?  I see so many topics that are discussed here, that's about all I need. This is really the only site I've ever visited regularly and I enjoy just chatting here, and I do learn a lot. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I totally agree that host bashing should not be allowed. 

The host is still a person; if the Q feels the employee needs to be more polished then the Q will handle it.

The remarks made are just mean; and are not going to to a darn thing to change the person.

There is absolutely no reason to be nasty.  Even if the host leaves we STILL get threads about them.  And/or end up with the newest pick of the day.

It isn't always about that particular host; some posters just have to have a host to pick apart.

One leaves, the bash hammer gets passed on to a different host.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@giraffe77 wrote:

@SeaMaiden

You've got me curious .... what pooping moose (I missed that somewhere, was it on QVC2 that I never watch)?  

They had other pooping animals also (I think there was a bear and at least one other). You put M & Ms or other small candy in it, shake its tail up and down...and out come the droppings! Just right for the man with that special sense of humor.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

I totally agree that host bashing should not be allowed. 

The host is still a person; if the Q feels the employee needs to be more polished then the Q will handle it.

The remarks made are just mean; and are not going to to a darn thing to change the person.

There is absolutely no reason to be nasty.  Even if the host leaves we STILL get threads about them.  And/or end up with the newest pick of the day.

It isn't always about that particular host; some posters just have to have a host to pick apart.

One leaves, the bash hammer gets passed on to a different host.

Not every criticism of a host is bashing though.  There are some posters that get so upset when anything negative is said about a host, they go off the rails. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I haven't been in here in months; noticed many of the things I wanted to read or post on had been deleted. I think QVC prefers posts honoring their products rather than topics of substance.

Honored Contributor

@FuzzyFace wrote:

Then don't post here. It's a private message board and the Powers That Be can make or break any rule they wish to.

If people didn't post and others participate, no matter what the topic, the message board would not be here long anyway. I see less and less people bothering to start a post and old posts being started up again, just to have something to discuss and agree with or not. I know the site has rules, but they indeed are way too strict and the mods., well, I don't want my post to be deleted.