Honored Contributor

Re: Getting very hard to discuss any subject here anymore...

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

If your thread was removed because the link included inappropriate sidebars, then just check your link next time.

I don't think it's unduly difficult to discuss most subjects here and remain within Standards.

@suzyQ3   On some  of the links... the side bars change so you never know what is going to be there... I think it is petty..... but,   I know the rules of these forums and respect  the moderators decisions.

I just will not  post controversial or  interesting  threads on my own.... at least   what I find interesting.....  anymore. Easy. Done.

@SeaMaiden, of course it's your choice. Personally, I would post a link that at that moment has no controversial sidebars and then just not worry if it should be deleted later on. I just don't let deletions bother me.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Any links posted  seem to be laden with forbidden  by QVC rules and regulations....everything is removed... or deleted. 

Harder and harder to bring interesting conversations to the boards.  Why bother....

Just will not anymore.

Back to discussing  my pillows, nutisystem or  the iconic Pooping Moose....

Have a great day! Smiley Happy

It is a shame, isn't it?  I share your opinion about this place.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Maybe it's just me, but if I felt so stifled by a message board, I would skedaddle.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

just copy and paste the article or part of the article.

you can then include a link that is NOT live, but can be copied and pasted by those interested. the other option is just to put part of the article in, then say, for example, via the washington post and include the name of the article.

Yes, that is probably the only way to post unless you want the post removed.

I liked to give links....  because  those times I did not  give a link previously,  certain posters would comment :

"YOU NEED LINKS  to verify the  information.... and it not being considered plagiarism. "

can not win for losing....

You're not writing a thesis, for pete's sake!

Respected Contributor

A little common sense about your source would help too.

If you want to link from places like Fox or CNN there will be political content in the sidebars. That's not an "if". It's a certainty.  

I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised or indignant when their post is removed and they know the source publishes political articles.

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Any links posted  seem to be laden with forbidden  by QVC rules and regulations....everything is removed... or deleted. 

Harder and harder to bring interesting conversations to the boards.  Why bother....

Just will not anymore.

Back to discussing  my pillows, nutisystem or  the iconic Pooping Moose....

Have a great day! Smiley Happy

@SeaMaiden You gave me a good out loud chuckle with this post, but I do get you.Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden

You forgot the Poo-Pourri... 

Respected Contributor

It's been that way for years. You're just experiencing the fact that it's staying that way. And no, you pretty much can't have a truly riveting exchange. So now it matches the TV program hosting and the lineup.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

just copy and paste the article or part of the article.

you can then include a link that is NOT live, but can be copied and pasted by those interested. the other option is just to put part of the article in, then say, for example, via the washington post and include the name of the article.

Yes, that is probably the only way to post unless you want the post removed.

I liked to give links....  because  those times I did not  give a link previously,  certain posters would comment :

"YOU NEED LINKS  to verify the  information.... and it not being considered plagiarism. "

can not win for losing....

I don't click on links and you don't need to post links to verify information, I don't care what  posters say.   You can quote the location of your source for reference.   

Esteemed Contributor

We used to be able to discuss anything here.  Things got heated and crazy from time to time, but I enjoyed these forums a lot more back then because there were always many lively discussions that covered a broad range of topics.

Then they changed the forums - format, guidelines, everything.  And it all became much more bland.  I stayed away for awhile at first because it was so different than it had been, and good discussions always seemed to get shut down.   

Eventually, I came back and now I just accept that it is what it is.  I go elsewhere for uncensored conversations, and I understand that these forums are run by QVC and that what remains and what gets poofed is entirely up to them. Sometimes it's arbitrary and seems to make no sense, but other times posts are simply in violation of the Community Standards that we all agreed to when we signed up.  I wish these forums had never changed.  But they did, and it's up to each of us to decide if we want to stay here or not. 

IMO there's no point in stressing over it.  There are plenty of other online forums, and we're all free to post elsewhere instead of or in addition to posting here.