Super Contributor

Getting rid of skin tags on eyelids and round the eye.

Is there a product that you have used to get rid of skin tags?  There are several online, but none seem to receive very good reviews.  Thanks in advance.  Gail

Honored Contributor

Re: Getting rid of skin tags on eyelids and round the eye.

I wouldn't use a drugstore product for skin tags on eyelids. I'd go to a dermatologist for that.

Respected Contributor

I have a friend who had some taken off her eyelids at an ophthalmologist's office. 

Honored Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

I have a friend who had some taken off her eyelids at an ophthalmologist's office. 

That's an excellent point, @itsmagic. When something is on the eye, sometimes the derm will send someone straight to an ophthalmologist because they do not want to mess with anything near the eye. My friend had a lump on her eyelid and both the derm and the ophthalmologist tried to defer to the other because it was on the eyelid (derm said go to the ophthalmologist) and it needed to be biopsied as potential cancer (ophthalmologist sending her back to derm).

Honored Contributor

@gellen wrote:

Is there a product that you have used to get rid of skin tags?  There are several online, but none seem to receive very good reviews.  Thanks in advance.  Gail

@gellen  I bought something at Riteaid to freeze them off, had one on my neck and a few on my torso, not many, but it did the trick.

Trusted Contributor

I would do the dermatologist also. I had some removed at the derm's office, although not around my eyes. It wasn't covered by insurance because it's considered cosmetic, but it wasn't too expensive either. I didn't trust myself to try to remove them at home.

Honored Contributor

Eye of newt might work...or you could see a dermatologist. 

Honored Contributor

I had a couple tags removed at the dermatologist office.  They were on my eye lash line.  She cut them off.  I didn't feel a thing.  With my insurance, I just paid my copay.

Honored Contributor

You shouldn't even need to see a dermatologist.  My internist removed my tags during a regular office visit using a liquid nitrogen-like substance that freezes them.  It was painless and two weeks later, you'd never know they were there.  Usually insurance won't pay for their removal since it's considered cosmetic.  You don't want to use some home remedy around your eyes.  Most home remedies are only marginally effective to not at all. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I removed a rather large tag with Apple Cider Vinegar. It was not around my eye, I would be scared to try removing anything in the eye area. These were on my neck. All I did was dap the ACV every night on there. They were gone within a week.