Honored Contributor

Re: Getting my first hair cut this Friday

I live in MIchigan and here in the northern part of the state the salons opened Wednesday. I was in yesterday and got the works! Cut, color and highlight! I feel like a beauty queen right now. Such a great boost to my attitude! Woman HappyHeart

"Pure Michigan"
Super Contributor

Wow. Live in New Jersey and salons open June 22.

Honored Contributor

I'm going today at 11:30 am and I cannot wait.  I was scheduled for a haircut at the end of February beginning of March.  I had gotten sick and didn't go and then everything shut down.  I haven't had a haircut since Christmas.  

She told me to wait in the car.  Then she'll text me when I can come in.  They're taking temperatures, and masks are required for the whole appointment.  

They've moved stations around for social distancing and they're sanitizing like crazy.  I'm just glad they're open.  Being shut down for over 2 months was devastating to businesses.

Respected Contributor

I had my hair cut 8 days ago.  Wore a mask and had my temp, taken; my stylist wore a mask, too.  Still, they couldn't install robot arms and it was a close contact.

I am so happy to have my hair looking more normal.  It went WILD.  It took Julie 45 minutes to cut it.  She applied hair color and I fled home to wait and take it off after 45 minutes.

A minimal contact but there is a spike in cases in my area.  But I just couldn't stand grocery shopping in a beret anymore.  It looks wonderful. 

I didn't go out at all this week, and so far so good.  It has been 8 days.

Valued Contributor

My hair is longish now and just a few grey hairs that I can pluck (pluck pluck here pluck pluck there Woman Mad).  I think I will use a box from the grocery store and lighten it a little though.  

Honored Contributor

I had my hair cut yesterday for the first time.  I was very uneasy about going (in fact I still am even though it was fine).  She also raised her price for a cut by $15!

Esteemed Contributor

Around 6 weeks ago, I needed a haircut - I have short wavy hair and it was overgrown. I posted on nextdoor and a female hairdresser who lives 5 minutes from my house - told me that part of her garage was designed as a small salon. She gave me a very nice haircut - and the price is right. It was safer going there than walking around Walmart.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Got mine on Wednesday June 10th.  My stylist can't be there bc he's battling cancer during the pandemic so I told them to just give me anyone who is available. 

I was kind of afraid bc I got mine cut in N. VA and presently almost all the positive Covid results in VA have been in either Prince William or Fairfax County bc those two counties are highly populated and a burb of DC.  They seemed to be doing constant cleaning when someone left so I liked that.  My hair before felt so weighed down bc it had gotten so long - the new stylist did a very nice job so I was pleased.