Respected Contributor

Getting Ready for Free Shipping

[ Edited ]

I've had an item on my "wish list" for a couple months.  Since then the price has increased about $6.  My gut is telling me QVC is going to have a free shipping day.  I'll pass and order from Amazon-- lower price by $5, (original price) no shipping charges and probably quicker delivery .

Respected Contributor

Re: Getting Ready for Free Shipping

@coffee drinker 

Coffedrinker, QVC is driving away their loyal customer base.  I have not purchased from them since May.  I have shopped online at HSN, Macy's and Goat Milk Stuff.  All have better prices, better shipping costs and faster shipping and better service.

Respected Contributor

Guess I was right -- today is free shipping and easy pay on everything.  Why does QVC increase prices on items when they have a free shipping day.  It's just not right. 

Valued Contributor

@coffee drinker wrote:

Guess I was right -- today is free shipping and easy pay on everything.  Why does QVC increase prices on items when they have a free shipping day.  It's just not right. 

You are so right!! They just upped the price of sweater I wanted by SIXTEEN dollars!!!  Free shipping is a joke!!

Respected Contributor

@tipsy$16, that's a boat-load of an increase.  They must think we're stupid.  Sorry for being so blunt!!!

Honored Contributor

@tipsy wrote:

@coffee drinker wrote:

You are so right!! They just upped the price of sweater I wanted by SIXTEEN dollars!!!  Free shipping is a joke!!

@tipsy @coffee drinker 

I checked the price on something I ordered 2 days ago (still processing) and the price increased by $3. Free shipping? Not really.

Honored Contributor

I checked more of my purchased items to compare and some went up in price, others did not. There were some I did not check because they were TSV when I purchased or at reduced pricing that was expiring. They were going to go up anyway.

I did purchase GILI sneaker slides that are Lunchtime Specials today. I’ve had them on my Wish List for a long time & this is the lowest I have seen them. I got the Spatter Denim color. The shipping charges disappear when you add them to your cart. I also ordered through ibotta for 7.5% cash back.

Im going to make a point of noting the prices on my Wish List items before the next free shipping day so I know if the regular price has gone up.

Respected Contributor

I'm thinking when we QVC shoppers put something in our Wish List, Q tracks that and if there's a lot of people with that item in their WS, they raise the price to cover the so called free shipping. 

Everything in the computer world is tracked, including our Wish Lists, all at the touch of a computer key.

Honored Contributor

If you all are so unhappy with shopping here, why do you? I already moved on. There are so many other shopping websites that always offer free s&h, there and back. I learned years ago to make shopping on-line a happy thing to do. 

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

@ID2  Wrote:

If you all are so unhappy with shopping here, why do you? I already moved on. There are so many other shopping websites that always offer free s&h, there and back. I learned years ago to make shopping on-line a happy thing to do. 

ID2,  Many of us shop at QVC for the exclusive brands/products not available at other shopping websites.