Honored Contributor

Re: Get your packages shipped early Peeps

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@ECBG 

Care to share your recipe?

I love the 'tried and true' recipes versus just searching the web.

LOVE to use my crockpot!

ETA: Doesn't have to be a detailed recipe, just the basics will do!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@ECBG 

Care to share your recipe?

I love the 'tried and true' recipes versus just searching the web.

LOVE to use my crockpot!

@KingstonsMom 

Certainly.  it's super simple.  I want leftovers for several days, and I love beef.

3 lbs. lean stew beef, london broil or rump roast cut in chunks.  (I get this from Sams)

2 cans beef broth

1/2-3/4 C burgunandy or other wine

2 lg onions quartered

1/ 1/2 C fresh mushrooms coursly chopped

4-5 dashes worcheschire.

A large amount could be halved and frozen.

Enjoy!Smiley Happy

Throw the solids in the crock pot.

Pour liquids over.

Cook on low 7 hours.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

Thank you!!! I added it to my recipe file!

I happen to have some stew meat in the freezer, so I'll defintely be making this!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@ECBG 

Thank you!!! I added it to my recipe file!

I happen to have some stew meat in the freezer, so I'll defintely be making this!

@KingstonsMom 

Very welcome.

That spinach quiche I posted is awesome and no crust!  Did you see it?Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@BalletBabe  What IS it about something being scanned at Lakelands and then the next day, it's in NC?!   Happens more often than not with my packages.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Esteemed Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

@BalletBabe  What IS it about something being scanned at Lakelands and then the next day, it's in NC?!   Happens more often than not with my packages.

@FiddleDeeDee   I don't know but look:   

• Dec 02, 2020, 06:36Origin ScanGreensboro, NC
  • Dec 01, 2020, 16:15Arrived at FacilityOrlando, FL
  • Nov 30, 2020, 18:46Package is in transit to a UPS facilityRocky Mount, NC

I am seriously wondering why postage is so high and we get such lousy service.   Getting old. 

Look at this one ordered on the 26th and still in limbo    

• Dec 01, 2020, 17:07Package transferred to destination UPS Mail Innovations facilityReno, NV
  • Dec 01, 2020, 09:36Package processed by UPS Mail Innovations origin facilityReno, NV
  • Dec 01, 2020, 06:07PackageNV
Honored Contributor

My 2 nephews aren't coming home for Christmas, because of Covid.

I mailed my gifts to my nephew in CA late last week and he received the box yesterday. Yeah!

I mailed my other nephews gifts this afternoon, to New York City.  Tracking shows Saturday for delivery. I'd be thrilled with that.  

Those were the last of my gift shipping.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

I have been tracking a package from King Arthur (I wanted to make some cookies from a recipe in the catalog) and it has been shipped and then sitting in Phoenix for well over a week. Then there was a note on the tracking about the barcode having to be replaced and then it was supposed to be here last Friday. Then the status changed to no known delivery date. I called to get a reshipment and they asked me to wait one more day.

Today it said I would receive it by the end of the day, but now it is back to unscheduled delivery! So, King Arthur agent was nice enough to resend it and she upgraded the service to regular FedEx instead of the FedEx version of the USPS Smart Post. I am glad I don't NEED anything for gifts becase I am pretty much done getting anything these days. What a mess!!!!!

Even Amazon doesn't always get here in a day or two.The only thing I have left to ship  (and it is from QVC) is the chocolate covered pretzels that are supposed to ship the week of 12/14. We'll see. . .

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Same deal here.  I had a USPS package from Macy's that got scanned in our town and then sent back to Charlotte post office and then returned to our town.  I actually received the package.

Another package was delivered incorrectly  this year (and an unknown neighbor returned it). Last year a package of jewelry from Macy's was "lost" by USPS....UPS site indicated it was turned over to the post office and post office indicated they received it. When I phoned them, they changed their site to say that UPS never turned it over to them. .

For some reason it's always the jewelry that's the problem. 

Respected Contributor

You know, the powers to be at all these delivery companies had to see this coming for months.  

With all the orders and deliveries for on line shopping, you would think that they would have been prepared, or, at least had a plan. 

I have ordered all my gifts on line.  All of them. I ordered early to make sure that they arrived in time.  I have orders from November that still haven't been delivered. 

I think it's a conspiracy to get everyone back into brick and mortar stores.