Esteemed Contributor

Saw a piece on the news this morning that online sales could be up 35% from last year. Although UPS and FEDEX claim they can handle it, they recommend buying early and expect longer transit times...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Get ready for "Shipaggedon"

Just common sense to me knowing how much online shopping is being done.  Yet we are sure the have those "they ruined my Christmas" posts

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Don't forget damages that might happen.

Glad I have my gifts done.  Only waiting for me gifts.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

While driving around yesterday, one of the Tampa radio stations was discussing this. The DJ has a brother who works for UPS and the word is get your stuff mailed NOW because after the 12/10, all bets are off that your package will arrive before 12/25.

I was in UPS just before I heard that and there is a BIG sign (bigger than the one I posted about a few weeks ago) that read "UPS DOES NOT GUARANTEE ANY DELIVERY TO ARRIVE ON TIME".  The man ahead of me was sending back some Frontier (like Verizon or Comcast) equipment and she told him that it may be a month plus before it arrives at the destination. Now, when we sent ours back this past August in MD, it was 3 days via UPS. That's a big difference

Knowing this (which we all kinda knew but still...) I'm ordering any and all things that need to be delivered as a Christmas gift this week, be on sale or not. We did some direct ship over the holiday weekend but all online shopping will be done as of this Friday. 

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Respected Contributor

@Nataliesgramma  et al, It just is common sense, especially this year, to get your shopping and shipping completed now if it is essential that things arrive somewhere by a certain date. 

And Hannukah is early in the month this year as an added bonus.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Just common sense to me knowing how much online shopping is being done.  Yet we are sure the have those "they ruined my Christmas" posts

I wish I could "heart" this many times.

I live in a large metro area, plenty of stores doing a curbside or ship to store.

Use it, people!

I hope curbside is still available after the pandemic.

I recently picked up a set of wire shelves.

I didn't have to find it, or drag it through the store.

I also didn't have to wait on delivery

Valued Contributor

"Shipaggedon" - - - - - - - What a great word!  It says it all!  :smileywink:

Esteemed Contributor

Fortunately I'm not waiting for gifts except the ones that are from me to me. I've already had one that was supposed to be delivered by FedEx yesterday but now it says pending delivery. It seems stuck in Olathe, Kansas. Glad I'm  not in a hurry.

Honored Contributor

Yes, they have been telling us that since September.  Many more people are shopping online now due to the pandemic.  It's now the end of November so the door has closed on shopping early.  This is the shopping season.  I finished my Christmas shopping early I'm just sitting back and waiting for the packages to arrive.  

Honored Contributor

Yes, it looks like QVC is slowing down too.  Have a few orders that should have been sent by now.

Also, look for lost packages by USPS.  Had one of those recently.  

So far, UPS and Fedex on time.