Esteemed Contributor

Re: Get Your Drink on for the Holidays??!!

@chickenbutt wrote:

Holy heck!  I knew there were some celebs w/their own liquor brand but didn't realize the list was so long.

I haven't had an alcoholic drink for about 6 years or so.  It isn't a conscious effort of any kind (I'm not an alcoholic), but it just worked out that way.   For one while we would go out to dinner and I'd always have a couple of drinks.  He doesn't drink (thank goodness!!), so it worked out well.  He didn't mind in the least that I'd have drinks and he would be the driver.

Then that stopped and I've never been one to sit around the house by myself drinking, so I just haven't.   When I had a social life I did my share of partying.  Sometimes I miss it a little.   Well, more the social part than the drinking part.  The only thing I didn't like about drinking is that if you drank too much you felt like death warmed over the next day.  

This thread is not about whether any of you drink.  It's about how celebrities create extension of their brands.  Finally, I wanted to share what I found out (how many brands are owned by celebrities) @chickenbutt .  

Who needs to know if you drink?  

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset ........I am not under the misguided notion.  I dont care who's name is on what or who owns what.  Just because they are famous does not influence me in anyway.

Your darn tootin I would have my own brand of booze if I had the money!  Booze =Money!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

@gertrudecloset No

If you shop at QVC @lkat aren't you shopping a celebrity brand?  

@gertrudecloset Yeah, if I ever bought anything by any of the celebrities they sell.  I barely buy anything at QVC and if I do, it's usually household stuff.  

I have nothing against celebrity brands, just not a lot of them I buy from.  If someone is selling something I'm interested in, I'll buy it. A celebrity won't influence me to buy something, but they also won't stop me from buying.