Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear wrote:

Yes we are part of the big heatwave this week. It has been very humid for days and days. Not fun for anyone like me with asthma.  Anyone that knows nothing about or doesnt have asthma has no idea what it is like!! It can get really bad.  I run errands as early as I can and stay in AC rest of the day.  Even using the inhaler with such heat and humidity it is best to stay in out of this. I am praying for it to cool down soon.   I hope no power outages. At least having AC is a blessing!

My youngest daughter had asthma, and I remember how hard the summers were with the high humidity. She missed out on a lot when she was younger because of it.....Take Care! 

Trusted Contributor

@FlowerBear wrote:

Yes we are part of the big heatwave this week. It has been very humid for days and days. Not fun for anyone like me with asthma.  Anyone that knows nothing about or doesnt have asthma has no idea what it is like!! It can get really bad.  I run errands as early as I can and stay in AC rest of the day.  Even using the inhaler with such heat and humidity it is best to stay in out of this. I am praying for it to cool down soon.   I hope no power outages. At least having AC is a blessing!

@FlowerBear  I hear you...I have cranky lungs too.  It's no fun.  Hang in there and I hope all is well for you.  Smiley Happy 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@Meowingkitty wrote:

It was 115 in Phoenix  today. Next week it cools down to 105 or so.

@Meowingkitty...I'm in Mesa dreading the rest of the summer which, as you know, lasts into October as far as heat goes.  Don't you just love our electric bills? Smiley Mad

My electric bill isn’t to bad. I’m on the budget plan where I pay the same amount every month. It sure beats having snow.

Honored Contributor

Re: Get Ready for the HEAT!

[ Edited ]

In eastern Nebraska the temp here is 100 and the 'feels like' temp is 113. With the wind it feels like a blast furnace...ugh.

Honored Contributor

South Texas---Upper 90's...

But our local meteorologist was just talking about a rare summer cool front that would impact the weather for a good portion of the U.S. next week, even here in Texas, but not for the States in the far west where High pressure will reside.  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

It's July.  It's hot.

Going to be a steamer here this weekend.  Mid 90's.

As long as I can escape to the a/c I don't mind.  I lived without a/c until I was 40 years old and when I got a job where I was out in the weather all day I finally got a/c so I had an escape when I came home.

Of course, now I'm spoiled.

Cat Happy

Oh, I'm in the Bluegrass.  And I don't much care for either weather extreme, but I think I give summer the edge.  If I am at the shore where I grew up I'd take summer over winter ANY DAY.  Inland it's kind of crappy when it's too hot or too cold.  I like the more moderate temps of Spring and Fall best.

Honored Contributor

Bad day today.  Its was 95F with a ton of humidity.  Heat index was 100F.  The bad days coming will be Friday & Saturday.  Friday 98F & Saturday 100F  Actual temps, not it feels like....No storms on Friday & Saturday, which makes it worse.  When its clear and sunny, the temps  really explode.  When it's cloudy, it's a little bit cooler, as clouds insulate temperatures,  I have to get out of the house to get to work.  Coming to work is not that bad, but OMG.....killer weather to come back home too.  Change coming next Monday after storms.  The days afterwards look like in the mid 80sF

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1  I live in the south so I am used to high 90's this time of year but I hate it. My daughter lives in Chicago in the city in an apartment with no air conditioning. I just hate it for her. I don't know how people stand the heat without A/C.  This heat is brutal. I hope it break soon. 

Esteemed Contributor

St. Louis: 95 today with heat index @107 and so humid. Thursday should be 98 with the same heat index and humidity. Yikes! The air is so thick and wet! Sounds like many of us are in the same weather pattern.

Respected Contributor

Stay safe everyone! ❤️