Honored Contributor

@Krimpette shovel the heat.  LOL

I'd rather deal with heat and humidity rather  than snow any day. 

Respected Contributor

Southwestern Michigan is supposed to have temps in the high 80's- mid 90's for the next 4-5 days. With higher humidity, it could push the "feels like" temps into the low 100's. I honestly don't know why people get all wound up about it. It's SUMMER. It gets hot, and it happens every year. Give it 10 weeks and there'll be complaints about cooler weather. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma @Meowingkitty      Hi Neighbors!    Since the rest of the country is also having a heat wave, I kinda had a little (evil) chuckle that they will get a little taste of what SCORCHING HOT is (!!!)      di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 . Yep same as you, as I am in Wisconsin....It is way too humid for me. I don't mind 80 degree days, but not with 100% humidity.........

Once it hits 90's, and 100, it is horrible-just horrible, and I always feel so sorry for people with no Air conditioning, especially the elderly, and infants! It is so dangerous.....

Respected Contributor

Re: Get Ready for the HEAT!

[ Edited ]

Yes we are part of the big heatwave this week. It has been very humid for days and days. Not fun for anyone like me with asthma.  Anyone that knows nothing about or doesnt have asthma has no idea what it is like!! It can get really bad.  I run errands as early as I can and stay in AC rest of the day.  Even using the inhaler with such heat and humidity it is best to stay in out of this. I am praying for it to cool down soon.   I hope no power outages. At least having AC is a blessing!

Respected Contributor

Give me cold and snow any day Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

They are predicting 90 today.  It's been high 80's to low 90's all of July.  I'm used to it by now.  I'm fortunate in that I work remotely from my home office so I don't have to go out during the day.  I stay inside in the air conditioning and go out in the evenings.  

Honored Contributor

Tx. is always tipping at pert nert 100

Poor roofers up there working 10-12 hr days

got my new roof put on yesterday ! Thank God I can put that to rest now.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Tx. is always tipping at pert nert 100

Poor roofers up there working 10-12 hr days

got my new roof put on yesterday ! Thank God I can put that to rest now.

My friend owns a roofing company here and his roofers don't work during the very hot days. He says he can't afford to lose his workforce from them getting sick from the heat. 

Respected Contributor

It has moved in here. Plus it's raining off and on.