Respected Contributor

@VegasBusinessWoman wrote:

It has been between 105 and 110 all week in Vegas.  Humidity 5-9%.  The solution to the problem is to stay in the air conditioning and order everything you need online.

Oh my your humidity is so low! Well in addition to the 3 digit temps here on east coast, our humidity typically runs 80 to 90%. Talk about a steam bath...literally!  I hope our a/c holds out 

Respected Contributor

The time the heat really gets to me is when it doesn’t cool off at night, like this time of year. However, I actually enjoy going shopping after dark, and tell myself this is as bad as it gets. No coats, no wondering if your car is going to start in the cold, no wondering how you’re going to get to or from work in the snow or ice. And the amazing monsoon is getting started 🌈. For those unused to the heat, stay in and stay hydrated!

Honored Contributor

All I know is that it's too hot for me.  It's been toasty in WI the last couple days and the heat and humidity is rising.  Tomorrow is only going to be 90, but humidity will be bad.  Thurs and Fri mid 90's with a feels like over 100.  The only good thing is the crazy heat is temporary.  Get around 12 days a summer.

Honored Contributor

I live in the metropolitan area close to Manhattan and it is hot.  I have posted a few times how much I hate the hot and humid weather and am thankful it only comes once a year around here. 

It is unhealthy and those who are elderly or who have respiratory ailments are told to stay in.  That in itself tells me I would take cool over hot any time.  This type of weather drains me of energy, my motivation to do anything is low and when I do go out, I can't wait to get home and put on the air conditioner  I know this too will pass and I impatiently await for that to happen!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Yes Friday on through the weekend is to be really bad here in PA. I am in central air but I feel very bad for my husband working in this heat (with asthma) and for my son and others who have to work in the hot weather. 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

I'm in LV and we've been having a glorious summer, until this week when summer finally got here.  Until now, we haven't had a day over 105, which is highly unusual for us but, today and yesterday it's been about 110 and the forecast for the next 10 days is supposed to average around 106 for a high with the humidity right around 5%.   Bad but could be a lot worse.  (I think the highest I can remember since I've been here is 117.) 

Esteemed Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

It was 115 in Phoenix  today. Next week it cools down to 105 or so.

@Meowingkitty...I'm in Mesa dreading the rest of the summer which, as you know, lasts into October as far as heat goes.  Don't you just love our electric bills? Smiley Mad

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

Extremely hot & humid here in SC - heat index will be in the triple digits again. 

Too hot for me - I'm staying in the A/C getting Christmas quilts done for my grands.

Honored Contributor

We've had a lot of high heat and humidity and it's going to get worse the next few days.

I'm so thankful for air conditioning...

Honored Contributor

I'm in the metro-DC area and yes, it's going to be really hot.  But at least I don't have to shovel the heat!  No complaints here (as long as the A/C continues to work!).