Honored Contributor

Re: Get Ready for the HEAT! It's everywhere!

We are supposed to have a cooler than normal August ,and I am very happy about that. I hate this type of heat. I would rather have winter

Honored Contributor

As I get older, the more difficult weather extremes are to bear. We do errands in the AM and then stay home for the rest of the day. It’s 98 but feels like 112. Under heat advisory until ? Tulsa

Trusted Contributor

I live in Phoenix.  Yes people say a dry heat.  But it is still hot.  We have been between 105 and 110.  Next week 115.  I remember when I lived back east, during the heat waves, at least at night it would get cooler.  Not here.  Especially in July and August.  Still over 100 at 10pm.  And still in the 90's during the night.  We never get a break.  And we have had over 100 days of no measurable rain.  And the day that it did rain was only .004.  Not a lot.  We have had less that 3/4 of an inch of rain ALL year.  Talk about dry!!!

And please don't say just move.  My family lives her....or I would gladly move.  I hate the desert.

Honored Contributor

What do you mean heat everywhere?  After 102° today, We're supposed to chill down to 94° tomorrow and over the week-end.  I just hibernate like those in Minnesota do in January.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

The heat is already here in Colorado! It came two days ago. I think today will set a new record high for Colorado Springs...101' The heatwave is moving east so get ready for it.

@SilleeMee.  Did you hear that the Carson National Forest (Taos area) is now closed in addition to the Santa Fe National Forest?  There's almost no place in Northern NM where people can camp or recreate.  Theres a new fire burning South of Taos.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I hate the hot and humid weather.  I think it is unhealthy stagnant air and when the elderly and those with respiratory conditions are warned not to be outside in this type weather, it speaks volumes.  I am never motivated or energetic in the heat as I am when it is cool.  The heat zaps my strength and I have to resort to air conditioning for relief.

I am thankful I live in an area where we have different seasons.  I could never live in a constantly hot climate.To all those who do, you have far more tolerance for heat than I.

Esteemed Contributor

I live in New York east of NYC.We had a brutal winter.If I have my choice I’ll take the heat over the cold.In the winter I find it hard to stay warm no matter what I do. In the summer I can always make myself comfortable in the air conditioning.

Also, if the sun is shining & the weather is warm I feel alive.I can wear cute clothes & drive wherever I want without the worry of snow & ice.The days are longer too.

I love summer in New York.The problem is it’s way to short.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

What do you mean heat everywhere?  After 102° today, We're supposed to chill down to 94° tomorrow and over the week-end.  I just hibernate like those in Minnesota do in January.

That's hot, @Kachina624!  But, don't you get a dry heat?  Here in MA it's gonna be in the 90s to 100* this weekend and into next week.  The high humidity is what makes it really miserable!

Respected Contributor

Seasonally hot in the phoenix area.

Nothing extreme as far as I am concerned. Last year we had days that went over 120. It's 104 right now where I live. 

101 forecast for tomorrow and low 100s for the next few days. I'll take it.

I don't do cold weather. Love the desert.

Esteemed Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I live in New York east of NYC.We had a brutal winter.If I have my choice I’ll take the heat over the cold.In the winter I find it hard to stay warm no matter what I do. In the summer I can always make myself comfortable in the air conditioning.

Also, if the sun is shining & the weather is warm I feel alive.I can wear cute clothes & drive wherever I want without the worry of snow & ice.The days are longer too.

I love summer in New York.The problem is it’s way to short.

@NicksmomESQ, my furbaby came to me from NYC (found in Manhattan).  It amazes me how he likes the warm sunshine.  I keep calling him in every fifteen minutes on a hot, sunny day here - he just loves it!  My girl, came up from Puerto Rico and she always hated the hot sun, but loved to lay out in her yard in the freezing cold!  I kinda prefer spring and fall weather!