Regular Contributor

Germany Busts Cocaine-Stuffed Condoms Headed for the Vatican GERMAN CUSTOMS MADE KIND OF AN EYEBROW-RAISING DISCOVERY

Let the party-at-the-Vatican jokes begin: German Customs authorities have intercepted a package of 14 condoms filled with cocaine and headed for the Vatican, reports RTE via Bild. The condoms contained about 12 ounces of the drug, worth an estimated $55,000. As the AP reports, the package was mailed from an unnamed Latin American country and addressed to the Vatican's post office—meaning that any of its 800 residents could have claimed it. German officials attempted a sting, but say they think the intended recipient had been tipped off.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Germany Busts Cocaine-Stuffed Condoms Headed for the Vatican GERMAN CUSTOMS MADE KIND OF AN EYEBROW-RAISING DISCOVERY

Why does news like this not surprise me.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Regular Contributor

Re: Germany Busts Cocaine-Stuffed Condoms Headed for the Vatican GERMAN CUSTOMS MADE KIND OF AN EYEBROW-RAISING DISCOVERY

Me neither.

Valued Contributor

Before I cast stones I will wait for more information. Of the 800+ residents of Vatican City about half are civilians.

Respected Contributor

Oh my goodness. What next?

Respected Contributor

but you really can't control what anyone would mail to you and public figures get mailed stuff all the time so what would be the big deal? They say in the reports no one picked up the package and why would anyone pick it up now since it is in all the news?

Super Contributor

It was intended for someone. They somehow or another got wind of the sting before they had a chance to go and pick it up.

Someone didn't get their ""special delivery"" that they were waiting for.

Was Yuban, then changed to Plaid Pants due to forum upgrade, and apparently, I'm back to being Yuban.
Regular Contributor

On 3/23/2014 Yuban3 said:

It was intended for someone. They somehow or another got wind of the sting before they had a chance to go and pick it up.

Someone didn't get their ""special delivery"" that they were waiting for.

Exactly.

Respected Contributor

I wish I could remember where I read about discreet parties with discreet invitations that occur just outside of the Vatican walls, mainly for secks so drug use isn't surprising at all. People are human everywhere.

Honored Contributor

So much corruption, that is all I am going to say.