Honored Contributor

Re: Germack lady making me nuts constantly handling all the nuts/fruits!

On 10/30/2014 hulagirl said:

Sometimes it's just fun to have a good ol belly-laugh!!

Yes, it's great! Gave DH and DD two today.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Respected Contributor

On 10/30/2014 VCamp2748 said:
On 10/30/2014 mousiegirl said:

To top it off, a while ago, I began to leave a review for the Squirrel Brand nuts, and found myself typing," I keep them in the frig, keeps them fresh, and I happen to like cold nuts, LOL, I couldn't believe it! Didn't leave the review as I was laughing too hard{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Another thread gone astray...{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

LOL!

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Esteemed Contributor

On a serious note, these are really good. I've had them and also gifted them. Kiss

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

twopeas ... I sent these to my ex boss and his wife for Christmas and they loved them. Started buying their own.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/30/2014 Preds said:

twopeas ... I sent these to my ex boss and his wife for Christmas and they loved them. Started buying their own. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Stellar ! I wish they sold these in single jars. When I do delivery direct gifts, three jars is a bit much for a couple, for instance. Three is great if bringing them home and can split them up. Nummy. And healthier than candy.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Trusted Contributor

On 10/30/2014 ROMARY said:

If she doesn't plan to take her demonstration pieces home, she should wear food service gloves. (Take them out of the box on air, so we know the gloves are new and clean.) That would be the right thing to do. She really contaminated all of the others, IMO. (I'm not too crazy when the youngsters do the same, and the moms don't correct them, BTW. {#emotions_dlg.unsure})

I am curious. When you cook for yourselves or others, do you wear foodservice gloves? Do you wear them when prepping food for your family? Even when removing nuts from a jar, for instance? Do you insist all others do so before you will eat? If you cannot answer in the affirmative to these questions, then your argument is sully, at best, and clearly demonstrates a lack of consistency.

First, this vendor is showing a product. She is not cooking for you, the public, or even the crew. No health codes are violated, and most (if ot all) of this food is discarded as most sits out for hours on end and may include treatment which make it appear more appetizing on television. Secondly, the fact that someone uses gloves does not, in any way, guarantee cleanliness. In fact, it is debatable, as a number of studies show wearing gloves does not reduce germs (i.e. wearing gloves for hours on end without washing is akin to going extended periods without cleaning one's hands), and many health agencies do not require that food handlers wear them.

The fact that we want to see gloves because we perceive them as being cleaner says more about our collective delusions and ignorance of scientific knowledge. than a concern over public health.

Honored Contributor

I like the rep. In the last few years, I noticed her hands shake... maybe a medical condition. I am sure she is using ther same nut mixes for the demonstrations (they stay good for awhile, and saves money). She isn't doing anything wrong. It's her product. I am sure the hosts get unopened jars. It's their choice to eat the ones she has touched. This isn't a restaurant, so no health codes are being violated.

Honored Contributor

KYToby: Yes! When the items are being served to others, I just pour the nuts into bowls, etc. I handle cookies, etc. using a clean paper napkin. I never stick my hand into a jar of nuts, etc. anyway. Since the food items weren't going to be cooked, it just doesn't look right (to me) to squeeze/whatever them, and then place them back into the rest of them. Also, around here, in the deli's, etc. the servers use wax paper squares and food service gloves when placing foods in the plastic bags. It's just a habit (with me). I'm sure that I'm not the only one who feels the same. We were recently at an open house, and the realtor opened a fresh tub of a variety of cookies, so I just grabbed a fresh napkin off of the counter and used that to pick out a couple of (large) cookies! It's not for my safety, but for the respect of the others who might be eating those cookies. (We were on a walk, I had touched doorknobs, I hadn't washed my hands after leaving my house, shook hands with two realtors, opened and closed doors in the open house, etc.) . . . . . . 'It's just me'......lol.............. Oh, and p.s. I do have a box of gloves in my kitchen. I'm the one who washes my chicken, meat, veggies, etc. before cooking. And I don't like sticky hands when I'm through. Easier to keep my hands cleaner, etc. Less of a mess (for me), in other words.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

'If I'm ignorant, then I don't want to be smart'.......or something similar.........lol.......{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Regular Contributor

Sounds like some people are so germo-phobic, that its a wonder ANYONE develops natural immunity anymore!