Honored Contributor

Re: Georgia opening malls and outlets Friday

[ Edited ]

@pigletsmom wrote:

300 new cases is quite a drop for Georgia. And I think they go by people being hospitalized anyway. That was the entire point of this, keeping the hospitals from being overrun.

I don't think malls will be crazy busy. I have to assume from what I see on this board that a lot of people wont be going. If  I needed something I'd go. It's no different to me than going to the grocery store. I hate the mall so if I did need something I'd be in and ot anyway.

@pigletsmom wrote:

300 new cases is quite a drop for Georgia. And I think they go by people being hospitalized anyway. That was the entire point of this, keeping the hospitals from being overrun.

I don't think malls will be crazy busy. I have to assume from what I see on this board that a lot of people wont be going. If  I needed something I'd go. It's no different to me than going to the grocery store. I hate the mall so if I did need something I'd be in and ot anyway.

There are federal guidelines/restrictions for what should/needs to happen before each of the three phases can reopen.  I don't know if they're mandatory or just suggestions.  

And there are a few different ways that are given to achieve reopening status.  It's not necessarily just the number of cases you have.

Our governor has gone over them in his daily briefings and shown how our state meets each of these goals.

Trusted Contributor

Colorado is opening too and I think per capita they have worse numbers.

Honored Contributor

I have come to the personal assumption there is an uptick of oppositional defiance disorder.  Or, it is just more comfortable to for them to act the last few years. Lol    that more people who who have a deep rooted opposition for authority are standing up.  They have always been there, it is just more comfortable to buck authority now.

i am of a mind set to always question what I hear, and use my natural intelligence, (which most of have )  lead the way. There is just Too much out there that is truthful to actively run into the face of this pandemic, just to dis authority and scientists.    However, if my aesthetician can't work soon I may be wanting to buck the threat of covid.  Lol

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also feel there are many who are facing this danger knowing full well the threat, but need to survive.  This is the saddest, toughest decision a person can make.  I am not in their shoes, so I have to assume they are in dire straights and scared as well

Respected Contributor

I live in a county north of Atlanta. I will not be going to the mall, the gym, or hair salon any time soon.  Most restaurants are not open for dining in and most gyms remain closed. This is a good thing. I imagine that the malls will be pretty empty.  The people who are out of work because of the virus are anxious to get back to work but I don't think they will have too many customers. Probably less chance of coming into close contact with someone at the mall than the grocery store. 

Honored Contributor

@wismiss    Hi wismiss,   I miss the Fiesta threads.  

Respected Contributor

Oh, gosh.  There are no words.  Have you seen how the estimate for deaths has risen to 75,000?  How could anyone go out now?

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

I've never once shopped Black Friday, so I think it's safe to say I'll skip the first few weeks of any openings when that happens where I live.

Honored Contributor

I'm anxious to see how the various approaches of different states play out. My guess is that as we 're open' there will be spikes in many areas, just don't know to what extent. 

I'll be continuing to lie low, and see how things play out. 

I am weary of the whole thing, and do wish we could just wake up and the whole thing be over. 

The people I feel most sorry for are those that are going to be forced to go back to work, and have risk factors. They are going to be uncomfortable, I know I would be. 

So many people have had to keep working and haven't missed a beat during this, but I think as we flood the spaces with even more people out and about, we will see cases and deaths continue.