Honored Contributor

Georgia opening malls and outlets Friday

I have a feeling Black Friday is going to look tame in comparison to May 1, 2020.  ðŸ˜˜ for anyone trying to get their spree in.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Georgia opening malls and outlets Friday

@Laura14 

Perhaps you're right, even though folks are a lil thinner in their wallets - at least they can enjoy being out and about "window" shopping.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think a lot of people who have believed the virus is real will wait and the unbelievers will be there.

Valued Contributor

I'd be surprised...with an increase of apprx 300 new COVID cases a day in Georgia. Unless people are not watching the news or reading the papers.

Honored Contributor

No thanks.  I have no desire whatsoever, after weeks of sheltering in place, and being told to maintain social distance from each other to the point that no one even speaks to each other at the grocery store anymore, of going to the mall, wearing a mask and armed with hand sanitizer to browse the shoes at Macy's. No interest at all.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

Guess the canaries are going to test the air.  Glad I can hide on my hill.

Respected Contributor

@Laura14.....I live about 10 minutes from Augusta, GA (born and raised in Augusta), on the other side of the Savannah river in South Carolina.  I really don't think the malls will be packed anywhere in Georgia.  I think people are still pretty cautious about this virus and will stay at home a little while longer except for going out for the essentials. 

My hairdresser's salon is in Augusta, Georgia and she is not opening yet, which is fine with me, but boy do I look like a scarecrow.  Hmmm, come to think of it, I might keep this look for Halloween in October, which by then, I'd probably look more like the wicked witch of the west, lol.  

Honored Contributor

It seems that Georgia has accomplished quite a feat: It's banned the virus!

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I'd sure love to go to a mall, an outlet center, or just take my time browsing in Costco!   

I'm moving into a new home in a few weeks and have been doing most of my shopping online.  Hope it works out.  I prefer to see most things in person.  

Trusted Contributor

300 new cases is quite a drop for Georgia. And I think they go by people being hospitalized anyway. That was the entire point of this, keeping the hospitals from being overrun.

I don't think malls will be crazy busy. I have to assume from what I see on this board that a lot of people wont be going. If  I needed something I'd go. It's no different to me than going to the grocery store. I hate the mall so if I did need something I'd be in and ot anyway.