Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14  Could be. Mine is not among them so I didn't read details. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

I have a lot of cousins living in the state, oddly, they are split about whether this a 'good' thing or 'bad' thing.  They did all agree there will be a 2nd wave.

Respected Contributor

I read some articles and it makes no sense. They say you have to observe social distancing guidelines to open, which seem to include staying 6' apart.

How is someone in a salon supposed to stay 6' apart from the client? Are they going to cut hair with those giant scissors from ribbon cutting ceremonies?

Tattoo parlors, too. How do you tattoo someone from 6' away? Are they going to duct tape the ink guns to brooms and just hope for a steady hand?

This all seems like a very bad idea.

Honored Contributor

@Alison WonderlandI am hoping Johnny Depp reprises his Edward Scissorhands routine and makes a special appearance.  

Honored Contributor
@Laura14

You’re an essential worker? I’m confused. I thought you were working at some form of recreational business (gym or club)? Not criticizing. I know every state has weird rules on what is deemed essential.
Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

I read some articles and it makes no sense. They say you have to observe social distancing guidelines to open, which seem to include staying 6' apart.

How is someone in a salon supposed to stay 6' apart from the client? Are they going to cut hair with those giant scissors from ribbon cutting ceremonies?

Tattoo parlors, too. How do you tattoo someone from 6' away? Are they going to duct tape the ink guns to brooms and just hope for a steady hand?

This all seems like a very bad idea.

Yeah. I guess they open and everyone just stands around doing nothing. Nothing gets done and no money changes hands. I mean there's no special instructions or equipment. So just stay 6 feet away from the workers and any other customers. And the workers get paid for doing nothing all day. Good luck if your mom and pop shop's on the small side.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@reiki604Rising RATES or rising NUMBERS?  There's a difference.  Numbers can increase while rates themselves are actually declining.

Honored Contributor

Good luck to the states and businesses that are opening. 

I would love to get a haircut from someone wearing gloves and mask 😷 

DH and I are over 65 and retired so we will avoid busy areas.

Super Contributor

Re: Georgia is reopening

[ Edited ]

@bikerbabe wrote:
@Laura14

You’re an essential worker? I’m confused. I thought you were working at some form of recreational business (gym or club)? Not criticizing. I know every state has weird rules on what is deemed essential.

Don't think anyone knows specifically what she does.  But she's accepting accolades from inferring she's on the front lines.

Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe I am only essential for my business' operations so I kept my job and was allowed to travel under the stay at home order.  That's why I passed on the kudos to my BIL who is the real essential in healthcare. ❤️