Honored Contributor

Re: Georgia is reopening

[ Edited ]

When I heard that he was doing a 4 PM news conference, I knew exactly what he would say. 

Don't  forget dine in restaurants. He opened those starting Monday. 

I can't help but think of the 41,000+ people who have died, in 6 weeks, from this horrible illness.  The hundreds of people who die each day just in New York alone.

i can't help but think that it was supposed to be a gate system toward reopening, starting with 14 straight days of declining numbers and our numbers are still climbing.  So much for the gates in Georgia.

By allowing all of these things to reopen, this virus is going to be even further unleashed in our state.  All for the sake of a massage.

41,000+. 6 weeks. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

@elated wrote:

I think that is great news. Our economy is tanking and fear mongers are not helping. I hope they follow the same in Colorado. 

People can stay at home forever if that is what you want. No one is in control of you but you.

@elated 

I totally agree! I'm am so tired of all the fear mongers. 

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Georgia is reopening

[ Edited ]

In the county where I live, our curve is going up, up, up. We had 211 new cases yesterday ( We have no available testing except for those who have multiple symptoms and are very ill.) We also had 8 more deaths.  We are not going to get our hair done for a while yet.  Restrictions are becoming greater every week.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

That's what I said @elated .  It's got to end and if you are lucky enough to have the ability to stay in and still pay for your food and shelter, stay home.  Those of us that don't want to starve need to go back.  

Completely agree with both of you!  Those at high risk--you know who you are--stay home.  For the other 95% of the country let's try to get back to some sort of normal.  The country cannot stay locked down indefinitely.  It may take months/years to get an effective vaccine.  Last year's flu vaccine was less than 50% effective.  

Trusted Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

When I heard that he was doing a 4 PM news conference, I knew exactly what he would say. 

Don't  forget dine in restaurants. He opened those starting Monday. 

I can't but think of the 41,000+ people who have died, in 6 weeks, from this horrible illness.  The hundreds of people who die each day just in New York alone.

i can't help but think that it was supposed to be a gate system toward reopening, starting with 14 straight days of declining numbers and our numbers are still climbing.  So much for the gates in Georgia.

By allowing all of these things to reopen, this virus is going to be even further unleashed in our state.  All for the sake of a massage.

41,000+. 6 weeks. 

I get that however most of the counties in Georgia have low numbers. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion so I will just leave it that. Over and out😊

Honored Contributor

@Sapphiregal wrote:

@elated wrote:

I think that is great news. Our economy is tanking and fear mongers are not helping. I hope they follow the same in Colorado. 

People can stay at home forever if that is what you want. No one is in control of you but you.

@elated 

I totally agree! I'm am so tired of all the fear mongers. 

Well I'm so tired of all the fear causers. So we're even.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

Not the smartest idea.  The outbreak has slowed down because people have been kept apart.   Way too many people are carriers with NO symptoms.  When this virus resources we will be back to square one.

Common sense seems to be absent in our world.

Honored Contributor

I don't really think it's fear mongering. Some people who know others who have died from this virus are leery. That would be my family so we'll see how things go when our state gives the go ahead.

Hope all the states that are getting ready to open have good results.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14   I thought there had to be some testing  as per phase 1 of 3 phases before reopening.  Also a time line of down turn in cases.

Super Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

That's what I said @elated .  It's got to end and if you are lucky enough to have the ability to stay in and still pay for your food and shelter, stay home.  Those of us that don't want to starve need to go back.  

Completely agree with both of you!  Those at high risk--you know who you are--stay home.  For the other 95% of the country let's try to get back to some sort of normal.  The country cannot stay locked down indefinitely.  It may take months/years to get an effective vaccine.  Last year's flu vaccine was less than 50% effective.  

Tons of people not deemed "high risk" have passed away...of all ages.  You have zero idea how many people are carriers of this virus, who are not sick...including yourself.  You wish to play russian roulette with lives, including your own...your choosing.  There is a ton unknown yet about this virus.  Unbelievable how some think their lives are just so important that it doesn't matter the cost to get back to "normal"...whatever that means.  The rest of us will do whatever we have to do to protect ourselves and others equally.