Respected Contributor

U of Washington is suggesting opening after June 8 for GA.  This will be a carp shot.

Super Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@bikerbabe I am only essential for my business' operations so I kept my job and was allowed to travel under the stay at home order.  That's why I passed on the kudos to my BIL who is the real essential in healthcare. ❤️

So you are a receptionist, office clerk...

Esteemed Contributor

They need to be testing.  Seems too soon.  

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain  He did mention strict guidelines like distancing, temperature taking, and shift staggering so it sounds like for salons, one hairdresser at a time who has been screened.  I guess we'll see.  Shampooing becomes real interesting six feet away as does dye application.  

Contributor

@Whosits 

My thoughts exactly,

Is someone paying or threatening him?

I watch Better Call Saul, Ozark; that may have affected my thinking.  
He's probably just crazy, yeah, that's it.

You know, cuz Covid is contagious~

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Porcelain  He did mention strict guidelines like distancing, temperature taking, and shift staggering so it sounds like for salons, one hairdresser at a time who has been screened.  I guess we'll see.  Shampooing becomes real interesting six feet away as does dye application.  

Then that's not very many people back to work. I per store per shift. Most of those who are hurting will keep hurting. And the hairy will have to stay hairy for longer.

I hope someone is monitoring and enforcing the guidelines you mention or they won't be followed for convenience sake. We've already seen that sloppiness from the stores that are open now.But then again if anyone did try to enforce guidelines, someone would start a noisy  protest over it. Chances are it'll be a free for all after a week. I'd dearly love to be wrong about that, for the good of the public health.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

There are already MILLIONS of people who have been going to work every day during the Covic 19 Pandemic..  Yes, some are health care workers, EMT's, police officers and other first responders.

Many also are people making minimum wage.  Don't forget about the cashiers, workers at fast food places,restaurants, grocery stores, farmers gas station attendents, mechanics, truck drivers, people who work in warehouses, those that deliver your food, and meds.  Some are still working in factories processing food and sanitation supplies.

There are volunteers who are feeding the poor and homeless...I could go on and on.

These people are putting their lives on the line, so everyone else can stay at home and be safe.

It is time for some, but not areas of the country to open up.  Our economy is serious business.  We cannot stay in forever and expect someone else to wait on us.  Our food is going to disappear, our government is paying out more than they are taking in and business will not be able to recover.   If they don't, our lives are going to change and not for the better.

Social Security and Medicare depends on most of the country's working folks paying their taxes to keep it afloat.  When the money dries up, so will the benefits.

I just don't get it when I see a few seniors on here who want to stay inside and hibernate forever because their lives are so important.  Well, so is everyone else's....including the people who are out there keeping everyone else in their home tucked away safely.

We all are equally important.  If you are supposed to stay at home, please do so, but when things start to open up, stop complaining. It has to happen and we do not live in Camelot.  Everyone isn't getting paid to be home.

I personally have two children who along with their spouses are still working everyday.  They both have children.  I appreciate what they are doing, but it irks me to the core when I see posters who are all me, me, me when it comes to them and their health. They apparently don't care about anyone else...and I wish they would stop harping at others when they say they need to go back to work. Yes, our country does need to go back to work.

If you want to stay inside and hide, that is up to you. The rest of us have things to do.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Laura14 - ok, so we all know none of that will happen.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

@vsm wrote:

@reiki604Rising RATES or rising NUMBERS?  There's a difference.  Numbers can increase while rates themselves are actually declining.

How about both? 

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Valued Contributor
@Carmie preach it sister!!!! best post EVER!!!!!