Trusted Contributor

There is no restaurant nor haircut that would make me put my life and the life of my family in jeopardy .  Nor would I allow politicians to use me as their experiment.    

Honored Contributor

That's what I said @elated .  It's got to end and if you are lucky enough to have the ability to stay in and still pay for your food and shelter, stay home.  Those of us that don't want to starve need to go back.  

Respected Contributor

Hairdressers must touch their clients. It's not safe while there is inadequate testing and no vaccine. 

Honored Contributor
And good luck to GA (and any other state) trying to rein people in and shut them back down again if corona virus totals spike after reopening. Not gonna happen, people won't go backwards.
Honored Contributor

I actually hope this goes well.  Someone had to be first and, if all goes surprisingly well here, you guys all have a lot of hope.  

Of course, it's dependent on our own common sense and still social distancing and precautions.  Hope we do it well and set a good example that it is possible.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Georgia is reopening

[ Edited ]

@Danielle46 wrote:

There is no restaurant nor haircut that would make me put my life and the life of my family in jeopardy .  Nor would I allow politicians to use me as their experiment.    

Considering that anyone that comes near them is tested daily.

They put in place for themselves the best health insurance money can buy. (We pay for it.)

It's an easy call.

Honored Contributor

Some people are strictly experiential learners.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

Well, I don't plan to go out and about for a while. People can do what they will. I saw those pictures of some beach in Florida, a beautiful beach. And all those people. I think this is a really bad idea.

Esteemed Contributor

The governors in each state decide when to open. It will be a while in the NY metro area. I do hope people follow the rules in their communities. 

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

Some people are strictly experiential learners.

@Porcelain I really cannot tell you how valued I feel by my government right now.  I'm kind of insulted I am that expendable.  I paid my taxes and everything man.  😂