Trusted Contributor

Re: Georgia Haircut guidelines

@Spurt wrote:

@Laura14 

By the time the shop and employees are thoroughly checked out and the shop is thoroughly cleaned, and the patrons thoroughly screened ..they will be lucky to just have time for one haircut before the shop's closing time... 

The Salon I go to in Georgia was doing all this before they were told to close and they were doing just fine business wise. Maybe not as many people of course but they were doing a lot better than being closed.. So i am sure this will be no problems or them  opening up and doing it again. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm wondering if clients will be completely honest. If I say I have a scratchy throat, I won't get my hair cut. Don't know how it will go but hopefully will run smoothly.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Maintain Social Distancing: Spacing between persons in the salon should be at least six feet at all times. Salons/shops should consider additional spacing between booths, divider shields, and/or alternate work schedules.

I would love to be the fly on the wall to witness someone getting their hair done from someone w/6ft arm length.

@Mz iMac 

they could use those pole shears!   Idiots  but jmho  thats all

Frequent Contributor

BLESS YOUR HEART!!!    I am so impressed with your in-depth information on this topic.  You have given a wonderful run-down of what life would be like from a hair dressers point.  I have a granddaughter and a niece who are both stylist and what you shared would be their life.  Thank you.

Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

When might US states safely shift to containment strategies?

Prediction of the earliest week to potentially consider easing currently implemented distancing policies if strong containment measures (widely available testing, contact tracing, case-based isolation, and restrictions on mass gatherings) are already in place*

State

Today’s release (April 21)

From the April 17 release

Change since the April 17 release

Georgia

June 19

June 15

+4 Days

From IHME, http://www.healthdata.org/covid/updates

Whoever put those "guidelines" together for the salons should get the Weasel Words 2020 Award, and there's plenty of competition.

The only thing from GA I want in my state is my order of Vidalia onions. At least I can let them detox before I store them. 

@noodleann 

Thank you for sharing this. I checked and saw that my state, Florida, has had a 10 day increase and the earliest date recommended is June 11. That is good to know. I am not sure what to expect from our governor.  People in this area have not been following social distancing recommendations very well and numbers are still going up. 

I have been thinking about Vidalia onions, too...

Respected Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

I placed  an order for 20 lb medium size on the strength of two recommendations in the Kitchen forum--repeat orders. The place is Morris Farms in a place that sounds like Uvula, GA, but I'm too tired to look it up and am saving my energy for taking 3 cans of trash to the curb.

Back to the onions, you can probably find the thread--I think Sharke started it. The onions will ship in May.  I like knowing I'll be able to get them this year. Can't count on the supermarket for TP or flour, so Vidalias would be a long shot. Make me feel pampered in a way, and it's a lot safer than a Georgia haircut.

Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

I placed  an order for 20 lb medium size on the strength of two recommendations in the Kitchen forum--repeat orders. The place is Morris Farms in a place that sounds like Uvula, GA, but I'm too tired to look it up and am saving my energy for taking 3 cans of trash to the curb.

Back to the onions, you can probably find the thread--I think Sharke started it. The onions will ship in May.  I like knowing I'll be able to get them this year. Can't count on the supermarket for TP or flour, so Vidalias would be a long shot. Make me feel pampered in a way, and it's a lot safer than a Georgia haircut.

@noodleann 

Thanks! I’ll look for the thread. If I’m honest, onions are my favorite vegetable. lol one of the things I don’t want to do without and Vidalias are at the top of the list. 

Respected Contributor

Image result for robot hairdresser

The hairdresser of the future.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@Lucylu12 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Laura14 

By the time the shop and employees are thoroughly checked out and the shop is thoroughly cleaned, and the patrons thoroughly screened ..they will be lucky to just have time for one haircut before the shop's closing time... 

The Salon I go to in Georgia was doing all this before they were told to close and they were doing just fine business wise. Maybe not as many people of course but they were doing a lot better than being closed.. So i am sure this will be no problems or them  opening up and doing it again. 

@Lucylu12   Do you have any idea if there were any viruses caught before your salon was told to close?

Honored Contributor

I'm hoping my state sticks to their original plan to open Apr 30. Because I have a hair appt May 2, yay! Remember ladies, to open up your tipping hand and tip generously! 

"Pure Michigan"