Respected Contributor

Re: Georgia Haircut guidelines

[ Edited ]

@shoesnbags wrote:

@tsavorite wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Who exactly will be policing these hair and nail salons to know if any of these regulations are being met. My hair would grow down over my eyes before I'd trust any salon to follow these "rules" especially in areas where the pandemic has not slowed down and is still peaking. Crazy! Salons can open, but if intelligent people choose not to go, they'll be closed again in a few days. 

I consider myself intelligent and I plan on keeping my May 6th hair appointment unless the shop isn't open by then.  And in my state that could be the case as one can't even buy a packet of seeds to plant in the garden here!

I will feel fine if they wipe down the area....I will wear gloves...not sure about a mask as hair dye and cutting that may not work but we will see.  She can wear a mask but I don't see how you can cut hair with gloves on.  

Heck she can put my hair color on...use a plastic cap over top...and I will wait in my truck while it develops to keep even less people in the shop.  Come in 30mins later for her to wash and cut if need be.  Plus she could do someone else's cut in between that way.  I am open to may different ideas and I don't see it as a problem to do.  I want the owner of this beautiful shop to survive this....and I want my stylist to have a income she needs badly.  

I continue to get take outs and tip to help the local restaurants too...I just want them to make it.  

Life has risks and we each have to decide what risks we are willing to take.  I think this will be very low risk for me.

@tsavorite 

So you’re not concerned about the stylist breathing in such close proximity to you (since she won’t be wearing an N95 mask)?  It’s not the other customers I worry about. I can distance from them, the stylist not so much. 

@shoesnbags  No I am not....she would wear a mask...not sure what kind it will be...maybe it will be a N95? at this point in my state there are no "rules" yet.  I only got a email from the owner talking about the professional company and training they all had for when they get the green light to open.  More details to follow.

Again life has risks...if you are not comfortable with the salon's or the state you live in process for opening then do not go out.  

In my mind this is a virus...it isn't going away....and more and more studies are coming out showing that many many more people have had it and didn't even know it...no symptoms.  In fact I hope that is the case...meaning more people are done with getting it then we know and have antibodies (that hopefully) protect them per Dr. F has stated. 

If we are all terrified to leave our homes until a vaccine is available society will collapse and all the small business will go out of business forever. 

I'll be there for my appt.  

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Shanus   Wow, I can see the sniper now if I dare step a toe into AL.  Smiley Wink

FL, TN and SC are in line with us so I better watch my step going west.  

@Laura14 

Just stay BELOW that northern SC boarder!  😐

I hear LV is going to be OPEN.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe I was thinking in my free time since gas is so low of taking a trip to the state borders and running back and forth just to see if my boogeymen dance is still lit.  😂👻

Honored Contributor

Re: Re:eorgia Haircut guidelines

@spiderw wrote:

(snip)            

There needs to be testing and the lack of that has been a big issue during this health crisis.  ..... (snip)

Testing, we need testing!!!!!!!  Then take the necessary steps after.

@spiderw 

Agree with you re testing .... and we could solve TWO ISSUES at the same time.  Test everyone .... take picture and thumb print ... and use for voter ID!

Esteemed Contributor

I wish many people realized that symptoms of this virus can vary.  It’s not simple.  If it were, there would be no need for diagnostic testing.  My DD’s virus major symptom started as a tightening in her chest.  Some people might not take that very seriously.  I don’t envy anyone working as a hair stylist in Georgia now.  

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA Unfortunately we can't use contact scanners right now.  Our time clocks are illegal right now because they have biometrics.  Big no no under the first state order.  

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@gidgetgh and everyone else just for clarification, these guidleines are straight from the governor's office site

@Laura14 yeah, I know. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

When might US states safely shift to containment strategies?

Prediction of the earliest week to potentially consider easing currently implemented distancing policies if strong containment measures (widely available testing, contact tracing, case-based isolation, and restrictions on mass gatherings) are already in place*

State

Today’s release (April 21)

From the April 17 release

Change since the April 17 release

Georgia

June 19

June 15

+4 Days

From IHME, http://www.healthdata.org/covid/updates

Whoever put those "guidelines" together for the salons should get the Weasel Words 2020 Award, and there's plenty of competition.

The only thing from GA I want in my state is my order of Vidalia onions. At least I can let them detox before I store them. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tsavorite wrote:

@shoesnbags  No I am not....she would wear a mask...not sure what kind it will be...maybe it will be a N95? at this point in my state there are no "rules" yet.  I only got a email from the owner talking about the professional company and training they all had for when they get the green light to open.  More details to follow.

Again life has risks...if you are not comfortable with the salon's or the state you live in process for opening then do not go out.  

In my mind this is a virus...it isn't going away....and more and more studies are coming out showing that many many more people have had it and didn't even know it...no symptoms.  In fact I hope that is the case...meaning more people are done with getting it then we know and have antibodies (that hopefully) protect them per Dr. F has stated. 

If we are all terrified to leave our homes until a vaccine is available society will collapse and all the small business will go out of business forever. 

I'll be there for my appt.  

Is your salon going to pay your medical bills if you get sick?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I haven't been to a hair salon that has plastic capes in forever.  They all have polyester capes around here but normally the stylist uses the same one over and over and just puts a towel around the clients' neck.  Also most salons around here do have a washer and dryer on premises because they are often washing, folding and putting towels away while waiting for clients' to process.  

The screening questions remind me of those that are asked when you go on a cruise. The first time I had to laugh.  Like someone is going to lie and risk missing their cruise.  Cough?  Nooooo.....what cough?  Fever?  Haven't had a fever in years (last week).