Honored Contributor

Re:eorgia Haircut guidelines

I would not rush to any of these salons and I need a hair cut.  I understand the desperation of people who want to open their businesses to pay their bills and help.  I don't think anyone is against that.  However, doing that recklessly, irresponsibly and not putting lives ahead of everything is not an intelligent common sense move.

There needs to be testing and the lack of that has been a big issue during this health crisis. I know where the blame needs to be placed but putting that aside, testing will help stop the spread of this virus and start up our economy.  In my area, hit the hardest, social distancing has helped too.  That tells me if I listen to experts and not idiots and I know the difference, maybe just maybe we will get through this sooner rather than later and be prepared if we have a second wave.

Testing, we need testing!!!!!!!  Then take the necessary steps after.

Honored Contributor

Re: Georgia Haircut guidelines

I read these guidelines on our local Facebook page this morning.  I get my hair cut at Great Clips. I wear my hair really short and it's shaggy now and driving me crazy, but I have no plans to go get it cut anytime soon. 

The person who posted these on our local Facebook page is a salon owner and she said she has decided not to open right now. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

Shouldn't a stylist always arrive at work, showered and in Clean clothing? 

Maybe it's me, but, a smelly stylist, in stained clothing, doesn't really inspire confidence! 

Esteemed Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Who exactly will be policing these hair and nail salons to know if any of these regulations are being met. My hair would grow down over my eyes before I'd trust any salon to follow these "rules" especially in areas where the pandemic has not slowed down and is still peaking. Crazy! Salons can open, but if intelligent people choose not to go, they'll be closed again in a few days. 

I consider myself intelligent and I plan on keeping my May 6th hair appointment unless the shop isn't open by then.  And in my state that could be the case as one can't even buy a packet of seeds to plant in the garden here!

I will feel fine if they wipe down the area....I will wear gloves...not sure about a mask as hair dye and cutting that may not work but we will see.  She can wear a mask but I don't see how you can cut hair with gloves on.  

Heck she can put my hair color on...use a plastic cap over top...and I will wait in my truck while it develops to keep even less people in the shop.  Come in 30mins later for her to wash and cut if need be.  Plus she could do someone else's cut in between that way.  I am open to may different ideas and I don't see it as a problem to do.  I want the owner of this beautiful shop to survive this....and I want my stylist to have a income she needs badly.  

I continue to get take outs and tip to help the local restaurants too...I just want them to make it.  

Life has risks and we each have to decide what risks we are willing to take.  I think this will be very low risk for me.

@tsavorite 

So you’re not concerned about the stylist breathing in such close proximity to you (since she won’t be wearing an N95 mask)?  It’s not the other customers I worry about. I can distance from them, the stylist not so much. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

Re: Re:eorgia Haircut guidelines

@spiderw wrote:

I would not rush to any of these salons and I need a hair cut.  I understand the desperation of people who want to open their businesses to pay their bills and help.  I don't think anyone is against that.  However, doing that recklessly, irresponsibly and not putting lives ahead of everything is not an intelligent common sense move.

There needs to be testing and the lack of that has been a big issue during this health crisis. I know where the blame needs to be placed but putting that aside, testing will help stop the spread of this virus and start up our economy.  In my area, hit the hardest, social distancing has helped too.  That tells me if I listen to experts and not idiots and I know the difference, maybe just maybe we will get through this sooner rather than later and be prepared if we have a second wave.

Testing, we need testing!!!!!!!  Then take the necessary steps after.

This post sounds about right to me.

Honored Contributor

Re: Re:eorgia Haircut guidelines

@gidgetgh and everyone else just for clarification, these guidleines are straight from the governor's office site

Respected Contributor

If I was in charge...temperatures & questions would be asked outside, not inside. The distancing, limiting # of people, using protective equipment is absolutely necessary & disinfecting  the salon along with what's in it shouldn't be anything new. The business owners I know will continue to do what's best for their workers & customers when they're allowed to open....they're the cornerstones of our communities, we need them.

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@grandma2pkmh I am starting to go with the long hippie look myself.  😂

I think I will go for a long shag, lol. Its gonna be shaggy alright. 

Honored Contributor

@happycat   I already pulled out my beads and my flowers are outside blooming...Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

That looks to me like it was written by someone who's never visited a hair salon.

Like some of you have said, it seems like it's hardly worthwhile for them to have one customer at a time in there.

Now add on the amount of time it takes to wipe down the various areas.

It's a little like a Drs office.  They estimate the amount of time they spend with each patient.  Kinda like an assembly line.

That's how much money they make for the business each day.

The cherry on top is when they decide the patient needs a procedure done.

I know it sounds hard, but what I'm saying is they're not making much money (any of them) if they only see one or two customers/patients during the course of a day.

I also wear a wig (I'm vain..my hair is thin and I like the way I look in the wig).

It's easy to throw on.  For years I've always had my hair colored every 6 weeks.

For about 1 & 1/2 years now I just let it grow, twist it up (with clips) and throw on the wig.

Right before this Virus hit I was thinking since summer was coming and I get hot under the wig, I was going to get it colored and styled.

Now I'll just have to wait a little longer.

Everyone must do what he or she thinks is best for them.