Esteemed Contributor

Re: Georgia Haircut guidelines

[ Edited ]

It's clear the stylist and the patron can't be 6' apart, so my question is which one is being viewed as the "person" in this scenario and who is not? @Alison Wonderland 

Good question @Alison Wonderland , I wonder if anyone has asked that of Georgia's gov. I'd love to hear his answer.

edited to add the question for those who didn't see it. 

Valued Contributor

@lovinglife wrote:

I worry about asymptomatic individuals.

Paraphrasing an ER doctor’s lay person explanation...

4. Covid has a longer incubation than the flu. When you catch the flu, you typically get sick in the next 1-2 days. This is awesome because it means you stay at home while contagious because you feel like a heap of fried garbage. Covid has a blissful 5-9 days of symptom free time during which you are well enough to head to the movies, gym or elsewhere while also being contagious enough to infect everyone you encounter.

Precisely!  I wish everyone comparing Covid-19 to seasonal flu could see this.

Additionally, another key difference is that with ordinary flu, about 2% of cases end up in the hospital (per CDC figures,)  With Covid-19, it's 20%, which explains the horrific scenes that played out in New York and other places where our medical resources have been stretched to the breaking point.

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Laura14 

By the time the shop and employees are thoroughly checked out and the shop is thoroughly cleaned, and the patrons thoroughly screened ..they will be lucky to have just time for one haircut before the shop's closing time... 

That and note two rather glaring facts... First, so any of these are 'recommended'. They're 'guidelines', but only a handful of them are 'required'. And, more significantly, neither the guidelines nor the 'requirements' are enforceable... Whenever my region 'opens', assuming it ever does, as badly as my hair needs attention, I do believe I'll be waiting a bit longer... I'd also note the only way to socially distance between the stylist and the customer is if all stylists are afforded equipment courtesy of Edward Scissorhands.

Throwback Thursday Quizzo & Movie: EDWARD SCISSORHANDS

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Still makes no sense since there will be close contact between stylist and client.  I'll wait until June... or else..

See the source image

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@Suziepeach I am waiting for the guillotine chop.  Short or long bobs at a distance.  Liability waiver at sign in.  

Honored Contributor

@KarenQVC wrote:

@Laura14 Keep this GA info coming. 

Keep all the data and stories you can find.  Write a book for history--something like "Judgement on Georgia."  

@KarenQVC I have been toying with my quarantine diary for posterity... 🤣📓

Honored Contributor

Very naive rules. "Required to consider"? Consider is not mandatory. And people are selfish so customers who want salon services are not going to fess up to any of those questions they'll be asked. The guidelines are ridiculous.
Honored Contributor

Who exactly will be policing these hair and nail salons to know if any of these regulations are being met. My hair would grow down over my eyes before I'd trust any salon to follow these "rules" especially in areas where the pandemic has not slowed down and is still peaking. Crazy! Salons can open, but if intelligent people choose not to go, they'll be closed again in a few days. 

Honored Contributor

Put these bureaucrats on rewriting the speeding laws next. I'd love to only be "required to consider" going 70 or 80 on the freeway next time I zip through GA.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Carmie You know Sally Beauty Supply was closed but now they would be essential and probably allowed to open for business too.  I'll have to check when I go grocery shopping.

@Laura14   What do you mean Sally Beauty Supply was closed.  Do you mean closed for good or closed due to the pandemic and by ordinances?