Respected Contributor

Re: Georgia Haircut guidelines

I think this will be the only way to go to many services that have close contact even when some shifting of the shutdown is eased - and for a long time. This is going to be the new reality. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

That's why I bought salon scissors and a cape a while back. Too stressful

worrying about getting an appointment these days. Been cutting my husbands

and sons hair now for a while. Mine is medium length so no concerns for myself.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My hair is long, naturally wavy and do not go to hair salons--I trim my hair myself!  My aunt was a hair-stylist, taught me how to trim my hair and gave both my children their first haircuts. But I miss my nail salon which I have been going to for 20 yrs--doubt if this wonderful sister-owned shop can survive if the MD shutdown lasts much longer!

Esteemed Contributor

I can see the prices of their services going up!    Also they will have to work longer hours to see enough customers to make it worth their while since they will have a limit on how many people are in the salon at once.  I have no problem going in and having them wear a mask and glove while working with me.  As long as the next customer is seated in a chair 6 feet away from me, I pretty much would only be in contact with my stylist.  My place does have a washer and dryer on site, that should be necessary anyway in a salon.

Honored Contributor

I'll cut my own hair before I put with all that nonsense!

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 Keep this GA info coming. 

Keep all the data and stories you can find.  Write a book for history--something like "Judgement on Georgia."  

Honored Contributor

I wonder what they plan on doing to the guys who go to the barber shop to have their beards and mustaches trimmed, or those who go in for a shave?

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Maintain Social Distancing: Spacing between persons in the salon should be at least six feet at all times. Salons/shops should consider additional spacing between booths, divider shields, and/or alternate work schedules.

I would love to be the fly on the wall to witness someone getting their hair done from someone w/6ft arm length.

Weedwacker? Maybe on the gentle setting if there is one?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Maintain Social Distancing: Spacing between persons in the salon should be at least six feet at all times. Salons/shops should consider additional spacing between booths, divider shields, and/or alternate work schedules.

I would love to be the fly on the wall to witness someone getting their hair done from someone w/6ft arm length.

It's clear the stylist and the patron can't be 6' apart, so my question is which one is being viewed as the "person" in this scenario and who is not?

Super Contributor

I worry about asymptomatic individuals.

Paraphrasing an ER doctor’s lay person explanation...

4. Covid has a longer incubation than the flu. When you catch the flu, you typically get sick in the next 1-2 days. This is awesome because it means you stay at home while contagious because you feel like a heap of fried garbage. Covid has a blissful 5-9 days of symptom free time during which you are well enough to head to the movies, gym or elsewhere while also being contagious enough to infect everyone you encounter.