Esteemed Contributor

Re: Georgia Haircut guidelines

@Mz iMac The problem with that is that people's arms are connected to their body thus nulliying the 6ft rule.

Maybe they can put the scissors on robot arms with infinite stretching limits. Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Hey @SusieQ_2 , Gumby needs to work too.  Stretch Armstrong can corner the male market.

Honored Contributor

It looks good on paper.  I don't know if salons have an abundance of capes to have a clean one for each client.

Normally a paper Sani-strip is used around the neck to keep the cape from touching the skin ( or a towel)  so salons do not have many capes available.  If they have to wash between each client,  they would need polyester capes, not plastic ones and they would need a washer on site. Plus they need to rewash all linens before they can open.   

Makes me wonder...what if they use a linen service and do not have a washer and dryer on site?

Hopefully, beauty supply houses are open so they can buy more sanitizing chemicals and supplies..

If all salons open and make mad dash for more supplies, they could run out.

Respected Contributor

Screening questions? What if a customer does not tell the truth. Can’t see this working. Of course I have a choice to go or not. 

Honored Contributor

@Carmie You know Sally Beauty Supply was closed but now they would be essential and probably allowed to open for business too.  I'll have to check when I go grocery shopping.

Honored Contributor

We need Wi-Fi app enabled scissors NOW! Woman Very Happy   They make Alexa enabled microwaves and bathtubs and crockpots. But when there's an actual need for an internet connected doohickey...bupkis. Apple! We need you now! Are you listening? iScissors. Make it so.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

Too many SHOULDs and not enough MUSTs, WILLs, SHALLs, REQUIREDs for me to even consider entering a salon/shop.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

I read about 15 "shoulds" in those guidelines. Interestingly, not even one "must." To me that says a lot. 

I did see a few "wills." 

Employees will be required to wear a mask, will wash hands for 20 seconds between clients, and will stay home if sick. It's kind of surprising those 3 things even need to be said. The rest must be discretionary. 

Actually, when you think about it, I guess if it wasn't said some wouldn't do it so maybe it's good that it's in black & white. 

@Laura14 . thanks for posting this. It gives the rest of us an idea of things to come.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Porcelain You mean Alexa doesn't have that skill yet?  I thought by now she'd be whipping out Amazon Prime shears on countertops all over America.  Bezos is falling down on the job.

Do we have enough for an SNL skit already or what?  😄

Esteemed Contributor

@Marp wrote:

Too many SHOULDs and not enough MUSTs, WILLs, SHALLs, REQUIREDs for me to even consider entering a salon/shop.

We're thinking alike. Smiley Happy