Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot

We will agree to disagree, I have been in the field for a long time Smiley Happy

It was debated for years and only recently the distinction has been made more clear.  I have the new DSM 5 if we need to verify the articles, but I do think they did a pretty good job of it of explaining the differences.

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Sociopaths can be charming people too, until you get to know them well.

@JustJazzmom

Yes, I think Zimmerman had that going for him with women.  I hope that now his recent experiences with women is well known and makes it more difficult for him to lure them to him.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot

We will agree to disagree, I have been in the field for a long time Smiley Happy

It was debated for years and only recently the distinction has been made more clear.  I have the new DSM 5 if we need to verify the articles, but I do think they did a pretty good job of it of explaining the differences.

Okay.  Well, I have friends who have been in the field a long time and I've had discussions with them about this subject.

Some think the distinction is crystal clear, and some don't. 

They're up to date on what the newest research says.

So, no more pissing contest, O.K.?

Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot

Okay.  Well, I have friends who have been in the field a long time and I've had discussions with them about this subject.

Some think the distinction is crystal clear, and some don't. 

They're up to date on what the newest research says.

So, no more pissing contest, O.K.?

Smiley Happy

@QueenDanceALot

Sure, it's OK with me, but I didn't see your first comment to me as a pissing contest.  I can also understand that some people would see him as a sociopath.

And I am the first to say the argument has been going on for a long time and confused it all.  That's true for some other diagnoses, too.  Sometimes it's just a mess trying to decide a label for the reporting or insurance end of it.

Respected Contributor

I hope he donates 100% of the money to families of crime victims. But I highly doubt it.

Honored Contributor

Ha!  Good one, MaRina.   I'm pretty sure he will donate all the funds to HIS favorite (ONLY) cause - HIMSELF.

Ugh!   Just freaking UGH!!

Honored Contributor

He stated that he was going to donate the money to black lives matter.......heard it on the tube.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

MickD wrote:

He stated that he was going to donate the money to black lives matter.......heard it on the tube.

HE really said that?  Wow.  I'd be beyond shocked if he did that.  I heard the hideous things he said about black people back when his fame began.  He's a nasty little man.

Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7, thank you for those two links, very informative and interesting. I wonder what goes haywire in fetal development to create the psychopath. It is sad to me that we could be "born that way." Sad, too, that early childhood experiences can create the mind of the sociopath. I was once very close to one of those, scary.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt - yes!  I was walking past the tv this am when he stated that......I was like, wuh?  That is before I heard the whole gun story.....then just wanted to barf........who is he kidding. Nut job.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G