Esteemed Contributor

Re: George H.W. Bush has passed

President Bush was not only my favorite president but one of my favorite people.  I met him numerous times as President and post presidency.  I find the relationship between President Bush & President Clinton particularly heartwarming.  I've seen them together and they were more like father/son than two ex Presidents or powerful ex leaders. 

He was always kind, gentle, softspoken in personal encounters but could be very tough when it was necessary.   

I sent a sympathy card to the Bush family upon the passing of Millie.  I still have his return letter on my wall where he states how "Millie was an integral part of the Bush family and a constant & loving companion".   He thanked me for my thoughtfulness & kindness....

Mr President, thank you for your service, your class and example of grace under fire...it would make you happy if our Country could return to a state where "people are political opponents, not enemies" as you said to President Clinton.  

He is at peace and free of pain and reunited with his beloved Barbara and Robyn....

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

More than a President he was a good man.He had integrity & heart. He was “a thousand points of light”.

RIP Mr. President!!

Respected Contributor

AIR FORCE ONE to Bring Pres Bush's Casket Back to Washington, D.C. (but it won't carry the name while flying without POTUS 45)

---------------------------------------------------- 

After deplaning POTUS 45 after G20 meeting, Air Force One will have cabin seats removed to make room for former President Bush's casket.   This is a special gesture of respect to the late president.

The plane won't have the callsign "AirForceOne" since current president won't be aboard.

A different moniker will be chosen.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

He lived a very long, productive, distinguished life of unselfish service to his country, despite the fact that he was born into wealth and didn't have to do a thing but make money if he had chosen that. He came to office when the goals in DC were to address the needs of the nation, and people worked across the aisle to achieve that, despite ideological differences. I did not vote for him and did not agree with him on many things, but I trusted him to act in accordance with the constitution and assume careful stewardship of our fragile democracy that it may survive any onslaught to destroy it. He made mistakes and he made great decisions, but he kept his word in the oath he took. Above all, he was an honorable man. Rest in peace, Mr. President. 

Respected Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

He lived a very long, productive, distinguished life of unselfish service to his country, despite the fact that he was born into wealth and didn't have to do a thing but make money if he had chosen that. He came to office when the goals in DC were to address the needs of the nation, and people worked across the aisle to achieve that, despite ideological differences. I did not vote for him and did not agree with him on many things, but I trusted him to act in accordance with the constitution and assume careful stewardship of our fragile democracy that it may survive any onslaught to destroy it. He made mistakes and he made great decisions, but he kept his word in the oath he took. Above all, he was an honorable man. Rest in peace, Mr. President. 

I wish I could LOVE your post @RainCityWoman. Exactly how I felt about him. We will never have a perfect president, but we should be able to count on presidents to uphold the status and honor of the office. We may not always agree on policy. We may even vehemently disagree, but we should always expect honesty, decency and respect for the law. We surely got that with President Bush.

Honored Contributor

Sully

Sully, the service dog of George Herbert Walker Bush.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee, that's heartbreaking...

Honored Contributor

Sully

Sully

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

@bathina wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

I wish I could LOVE your post @RainCityWoman. Exactly how I felt about him. We will never have a perfect president, but we should be able to count on presidents to uphold the status and honor of the office. We may not always agree on policy. We may even vehemently disagree, but we should always expect honesty, decency and respect for the law. We surely got that with President Bush.

Yes we did.