Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: George H.W. Bush has passed

[ Edited ]

Godspeed, Mr President.  You leave behind a legacy of a lifetime of service to the country you loved so much, in the military, in Congress, at the UN, as ambassador, as CIA Director, as Vice President and finally President of the United States.  You have now passed into eternity to be with your beloved wife, Barbara, and with your  daughter Robin, who was taken much too early.  Job Extremely Well Done, Mr. President.. 

President George H. W Bush 1924-2018.

Honored Contributor

He is now with his beloved wife Barbara and daughter Robin,

https://theartmad.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Rest-In-Peace-Candle-1.gif

Honored Contributor

GHWB

He is now in a kinder, gentler place.  Godspeed, Mr. President.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Sad indeed, but I suspect he missed Barbara greatly and wanted to be with her.

Esteemed Contributor

We can remember a man, born to wealth and privilege, whose purpose in life was instilled in him at an early age.  To serve.  And he devoted his life to God, country, and family.  I guess the expression “noblesse oblige” characterized his life and was instilled in his family.  He and Barbara loved one another so dearly.  Rest In Peace, President Herbert Walker Bush.  A life well lived.

Respected Contributor

image.png

Honored Contributor

Although "Ronaldus Magnus" was my favorite all-around president of the modern era, George H. W. Bush is my favorite in terms of the personal way that he treated people.  The key to knowing a public figure's character is often in how the people who work for them, feel about them.

Of course there will always be exceptions, but by all accounts, his professional staff, personal staff, White House ushers and employees of all stripes, Secret Service, flight crews, those in the hospitality industry such as waiters, waitresses, cleaners, and others---  seemed to respect and have the greatest personal affection for the man.

That says so much!   RIP Mr. President.

Honored Contributor

The people of maine, will miss them,walkers point,in kennebunk will not be the same.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Great man.

Respected Contributor

i hope the upcoming state funeral can be a time of national mourning and tribute as well as a day of unity.  i think that would please "41" immensely.