Esteemed Contributor

Re: George H.W. Bush has passed

[ Edited ]

REST IN PEACE PRESDIENT GEORGE H.W. BUSH

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@ShowMe, very gracious of you but no problem.  With something this momentous more than one thread is not unusual. 

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

If you read his letters, you can't help but see what a sweet person he was.  He will spend Christmas now with Barbara and Robin.  I know his family will miss him terribly.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Zernia Rose wrote:

I respected his service, devotion, and respect for the country. His devotion to his wife and family were admirable. I did not agree with him politically or vote for him, but I never questioned his patriotism or his respect for the office of the presidency or his loyalty to country. May he Rest In Peace and his family find comfort in their love and memories.

I totally agree with you. Alhough I too did not agree with him politically nor did I vote for him. I did  respect him. I loved seeing the playful and loving relationship between him and Barbara.  He was truly presidential.  He was able to cummunicate well.  A true diplomat and gentlemen.  His type of politian  is truly missed today.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

MARP.....looks like they got rid of mine....and didn't combine them.  That's ok.  

Am really tired now.....it's been a long day and evening.  

So saying good night to everyone.

omgosh.....they did combine them.  Just read this whole thread before closing down.  Am so glad they did that.

Our MODS are really good.  

Night everyone. 

Respected Contributor

A class act ....

Honored Contributor

My husband personally met President Bush when he came to our area when he was in office.  My DH was a police officer that was assigned to his protection detail.  He said Pres. Bush was a nice man and very down to earth.

The secret service took a picture of the two of them together and a few months later, the picture arrived with a short personal note written on the bottom corner and it was signed.  What a surprise.

May he rest in peace now with his beloved Barbara.

Respected Contributor

My first thought was that he will be with Barbara again.  RIP Mr. Bush. 

Trusted Contributor

@Marp wrote:

at age 94.

RIP Mr. President.

@Marp.. Very sorry to hear this sad news. I thank you for letting us know. I didn't have the TV on.

Rest in peace President Bush. You're with your sweet Barbara now. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

This made me sad when I saw this but now he is with his beloved Barbara again.  Thank you for your continued service to our great nation that you loved so much and God speed sir.  Heart