Respected Contributor

Re: George Floyd - May He Rest in Peace

They took an oath to serve and instead they murdered.   It is despicable and so sad.   

Honored Contributor

I knew I was taking a big chance when I posted this but I felt that, as Willy Loman's wife said in Death of a Salesman, "Attention must be paid."

Even if this post sits for a brief moment, it might move some to think about what happened in Minneapolis.

Honored Contributor

Linda Loman's "Attention must be paid" speech:

I don’t say he’s a great man. Willy Loman never made a lot of money. His name was never in the paper. He’s not the finest character that ever lived. But he’s a human being, and a terrible thing is happening to him. So attention must be paid. He’s not to be allowed to fall into his grave like an old dog. Attention, attention must be finally paid to such a person.

Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

I knew I was taking a big chance when I posted this but I felt that, as Willy Loman's wife said in Death of a Salesman, "Attention must be paid."

Even if this post sits for a brief moment, it might move some to think about what happened in Minneapolis.

@golding76, I've occasionally posted in just the same spirit.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

The incident in Minnesota has ignited the powder keg that the US has become duirng the pandemic, I really do not think life can ever return to what it once was 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

Inexcusable disgrace. 

RIP, Mr. Floyd, may your family and friends, be blessed, with comfort, peace, and beautiful memories🌸💕

Esteemed Contributor

Heartbreaking, and difficult to watch. My heart goes out to his friends, and family may they all find peace in time. 

Respected Contributor

Someone said " If the village does not embrace the youth, the youth will burn the village to bask in the warmth." It seems to be neverending and I can only imagine the daily fears of people of color.

Esteemed Contributor

I could not watch. I cried. Now I'm angry. How can people be so cruel?

May George Floyd RIP

I will cry angry tears next.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for saying something, @golding76 

so tragic and the third degree murder charge? Did they not see the video?