Esteemed Contributor

Re: George Clooney Moving his family to U.S.

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@spindlegirl wrote:

@pitdakota wrote:

@Mj12 wrote:

@Juniebugz wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

The only thing I have against him is that he perpetuates the notion that KY people are ignorant.

Ya think?  Yet we are supposed to unremember those comments when he wants to come crawling home, ummm don't think so, lol.  Comments on social media seem to be echoing the disgust.

Tried some searches. Don't see disparaging remarks by Clooney re Kentucky.

Also what "comments on social media seem to be echoing the disgust"?

Social media is vast.

Please direct us to the comments so we can see.

tia!

@Juniebugz same here. Clearly the comments are out there since others "can't unremember" them so hopefully they'll share credible links.

Well, I live in Kentucky and I can't verify that Clooney thinks that way at all.  I don't think if someone thinks  people in Kentucky are ignorant he would be so eager to bring his new wife back to his hometown and have a ball showing her all of his favorite places and people:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3111787/George-Clooney-takes-wife-Amal-tiny-Kentucky-to...

In fact, I know someone from the Augusta, Ky area that actually babysat George when he was little.  She has said there are times when he "sneaks" in to visit, specifically contributed to the Make A Wish Foundation to sponsor a child in the Maysville area, although I can't remember specifically what the event or trip it was the child received as a result of Clooney's donations, etc. 

So as a citizen of the Commonwealth of Kentucky, I cannot say that George personally perpetuates the idea that people in Ky are ignorant. 

Great post @pitdakota!

May I add ...  you also represent your state in a dignified intelligent impressive manner.

Thank you!

A big second to that @spindlegirl

Apparently the story has now changed and it's just his "character " that makes KY residents look ignorant.

A humanitarian and philanthropist?

We should all be so ignorant    Cat Happy

The "story" hasn't changed at all.

Find the post where I said that he disparages KY.

I posted earlier, that he perpetuates the idea that people from KY are ignorant because he is from KY, and HE is ignorant. This post was deleted because it was in response to a baiting post that was deleted.

I did not say that he gives negative interviews about KY or Kentuckians.

So please show me where I said that.

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@spindlegirl wrote:

@pitdakota wrote:

@Mj12 wrote:

@Juniebugz wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

The only thing I have against him is that he perpetuates the notion that KY people are ignorant.

Ya think?  Yet we are supposed to unremember those comments when he wants to come crawling home, ummm don't think so, lol.  Comments on social media seem to be echoing the disgust.

Social media is vast.

tia!

@Juniebugz same here. Clearly the comments are out there since others "can't unremember" them so hopefully they'll share credible links.

Well, I live in Kentucky and I can't verify that Clooney thinks that way at all.  I don't think if someone thinks  people in Kentucky are ignorant he would be so eager to bring his new wife back to his hometown and have a ball showing her all of his favorite places and people:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3111787/George-Clooney-takes-wife-Amal-tiny-Kentucky-to...

In fact, I know someone from the Augusta, Ky area that actually babysat George when he was little.  She has said there are times when he "sneaks" in to visit, specifically contributed to the Make A Wish Foundation to sponsor a child in the Maysville area, although I can't remember specifically what the event or trip it was the child received as a result of Clooney's donations, etc. 

So as a citizen of the Commonwealth of Kentucky, I cannot say that George personally perpetuates the idea that people in Ky are ignorant. 

Great post @pitdakota!

May I add ...  you also represent your state in a dignified intelligent impressive manner.

Thank you!

A big second to that @spindlegirl

Apparently the story has now changed and it's just his "character " that makes KY residents look ignorant.

A humanitarian and philanthropist?

We should all be so ignorant    Cat Happy

Yes indeed @Ms tyrion2

Honored Contributor

well now i am even more curious.....in what way is he "ignorant?"

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Highlighted
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is argumentative

Respected Contributor

@spindlegirl wrote:

@pitdakota wrote:

@Mj12 wrote:

@Juniebugz wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

Social media is vast.

tia!

Great post @pitdakota!

Thank you!

Why thank you @spindlegirl.  That is very kind of you to say.  I don't know how dignified or intelligent I might be,  but on a good day I might not be too crazy!  LOL!

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Valued Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

They have different beliefs and views.

So in her world that means he's ignorant but she's enlightened lol.

Good example of what's wrong with us as a society.

QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

I know @sunshine45, lol.

By the way, I have not seen anything that says George and Amal are actually moving to the United States full time, just that they bought an apartment in New York City.

Amal Clooney will be teaching a course at Columbia Law School so if the reports about the apartment are true, I imagine they purchased the apartment so they could stay there while she is teaching her course. 

But they still own homes in California, Italy, and England. And those are only the ones I know about.  I think George sold his home in Mexico though. 

I imagine they will be staying in their other homes over holiday breaks and when she is not teaching or needs to be in New York to work with the issues she works on through the UN. 

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
QVC Customer Care

This thread is closed for any further comments since it has become too argumentative.