Trusted Contributor

General Hospital Actress Sonya Eddy, AKA Epiphany Johnson, Passed Away

The wonderful, talented, and beautiful Ms. Eddy will be missed.  She brought a sense of moral balance to the soap.

See this notice: https://people.com/tv/general-hospital-actress-sonya-eddy-dead-at-55/?utm_medium=browser&utm_source=...

Valued Contributor

Re: General Hospital Actress Sonya Eddy, AKA Epiphany Johnson, Passed Away

Although I no longer watch GH, Sonya was one of the better actors and characters there. She will be definitely missed.

Esteemed Contributor

I read on TMZ producing partner and friend, Tyler Ford tells  us she had a scheduled surgery on December 9---it wasn't an emergency. He says she was released from the hospital on the 11th but started to feel ill again, and went back to the hospital on the15th--when doctors discovered she had developed a serious infection.

Tyler tells us the infection was uncontainable, and doctors told him Monday morning she had been placed on life support-- died Monday night.  Very tragic.

Honored Contributor

I loved her character. Jesse Brewer was a hard act to follow but she did it and made it her own. I can't even bear the thought of Nurse Epiphany not straightening out the GH staff. I don't watch a whole lot of tv but I still haven't given up my soap. I can't believe she won't be on my screen again. ❤️🙏🏻 

Esteemed Contributor

omg, how sad.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh no...so sorry to hear that! She was so great in that role...sassy, smart, funny...that's a shame. She just added a certain presence in the hospital staff that was needed with all the old guard no longer there. I don't watch these days as it's just "not my GH" any longer, though I've been a longtime fan of the show from way way back.

She didn't seem that old either. Smiley Sad

Getting so sad that it just seems to be sad news day after day and so many people passing and other bad news.

RIP.  #Epiphany 🕯

Valued Contributor

I was shocked and saddened when I learned she had passed. Such a talented actress and performer. I will miss seeing her on my tv screen each week.
Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

I read on TMZ producing partner and friend, Tyler Ford tells  us she had a scheduled surgery on December 9---it wasn't an emergency. He says she was released from the hospital on the 11th but started to feel ill again, and went back to the hospital on the15th--when doctors discovered she had developed a serious infection.

Tyler tells us the infection was uncontainable, and doctors told him Monday morning she had been placed on life support-- died Monday night.  Very tragic.

@elated 

How sad.   I always wonder how some people get serious infections in hospitals, of all places! 

My father's doctor had minor surgery and got an infection while there ... and died from it.    You'd think they would have the "germ" thing down pat by now, wouldn't you?

Esteemed Contributor

I read that in the NY Post late this morning. The only Soap I have ever watched, and it was my Mother's favorite show for years, before she died in 1969.

Sonya Eddy was a super actress and singer, and I loved her character on this show. She was a strong person on the show and one of the best actresses on that set.

I will miss seeing her and the character she played so well.

Rest in Peace!

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I loved her character and will miss her,

Funeral Red Rose Frame with Rest in Peace Quote and Inscription Vector Illustration 90249626