Honored Contributor

@CJC  Why does it seem to bother you SO much?

Respected Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
Not everyone has an unsafe gender reveal party. 🙄

Exactly!  I have been to several and they were very enjoyable and no one was killed or harmed!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Regular Contributor

Re: Gender Reveal Party

[ Edited ]

#shaggygirl.... that is exactly why.  It's time to celebrate!  My Grandaughter had a miscarriage last year so this baby is very important to our family. A Great- grandcild should not be ignored.  I am very sorry you feel this way.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CJC wrote:

Why do today's parents need to know baby gender prior to birth?  Is it just so they can have the proper decor ready for the newborn?  Why do insurance companies pay for unecessary ultrasound tests just to reveal gender when there are so many ill people who truly need certain medical tests but who are denied coverage?  I can understand the test if there is a medical reason but dang, just paint the nursery yellow like your parents and grandparents did. You will have a happy surprise on precious one's birth day!

@CJC ,  My kids are in their 30s.  When pregnant you usually have ultrasounds as part of your care.  They are not unnecessary.  If the babies were properly positioned during the ultrasound we were given the option of finding out their sex.   

To my understanding if you opt for unnecessary ultrasounds you are paying out of pocket.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I miss the days of finding  out the sex of the kid when they were born.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Trusted Contributor

I didn't think anyone was still doing these parties, but how exciting for you to be getting a great grandbaby! Congratulations! I would probably take a beautiful white potted orchid for your granddaughter, and a small, non-gender-specific baby gift like some white or yellow booties.

Esteemed Contributor

When I first heard about a gender reveal party, I thought it was a party where the person announced that they were changing genders, from man to woman or vice versa. Not kidding; I actually thought that. A sign of the times, I guess. 

BTW, congratulations on your great-grandchild!

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

When I first heard about a gender reveal party, I thought it was a party where the person announced that they were changing genders, from man to woman or vice versa. Not kidding; I actually thought that. A sign of the times, I guess. 

@teganslaw 

Me too!🤗

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@geezerette wrote:

@teganslaw wrote:

@teganslaw 

Me too!🤗

@geezerette  and @teganslaw 

Welcome to the I didn´t know Club.  A friend of mine said that according to the way things are now, she thought it was a party to reveal which one was having the baby. The man or the woman.

Esteemed Contributor

@Silverfox1 wrote:

#shaggygirl.... that is exactly why.  It's time to celebrate!  My Grandaughter had a miscarriage last year so this baby is very important to our family. A Great- grandcild should not be ignored.  I am very sorry you feel this way.

@Silverfox1 

I think I over reacted having just read about all the charges just made against the couple responsible for that massive fire in California, including being held responsible for the fire fighter's death. It was upsetting. 

I wish your Grandaughter a full term easy pregnancy and healthy baby. Having just had a second great grandchild born a few weeks ago (a preemie who just was able to be taken home this past Tuesday) I know this is an exciting time for you. My apologies to you for jumping in with a downer of a reply.