Respected Contributor

Re: Gender Neutral Bathrooms

On 2/5/2015 Ilikeshade said:

I doubt that a man wants to go into a gender neutral stall and see the metal trash can that's attached to the side that's filled with bloody sanitary napkins, etc along with the smell. Uh huh....no man wants to see that or be in a bathroom full of menstruating women changing pads or tampons.

I'm not a man, and I wouldn't like that either. In fact, I don't think I've ever been in a bathroom that bad. Maybe I've been lucky. But that's a result of unkempt bathrooms, not of the s*ex of the people using it.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Esteemed Contributor

How do I feel? I think it opens up the world to more we cause our own problems in this world.

I rarely use public restrooms, but Im on the side of keeping them separate.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Super Contributor

Let me try this again. Apparently one of my words was rejected. As I was saying, I don't have a problem with single use bathrooms. My first school that I taught in had uni--x single use bathrooms for men and women on staff. My only complaint was some of the men had bad aim. As for completely gender neutral bathrooms with multiple stalls, that's a big NO! Watching that in the Ally McBeal series was enough for me.

Trusted Contributor

On 2/4/2015 NoelSeven said: No. Never. Every pervert within a 50 mile radius would be celebrating.

You aren't kidding. This is just another really stupid idea.

Honored Contributor

I guess it doesn't seem as bad, after the official CLARIFIED it for Kachina.

I probably wouldn't love it, if I had to use a bathroom after a man because, let's face it, most men are pigs in the bathroom. (not meant with malice, just being honest and any man comfortable in his gender will tell you the same thing)

I don't even share a bathroom in my own house. We each have our own bathrooms. I don't even go in my husband's bathroom. The cleaning lady cleans his, so I don't have to deal with it at all except when she gives me his bathroom rugs to wash. That's bad enough. hehe (speaking of stuff like aim)

Respected Contributor

On 2/5/2015 Marienkaefer2 said:
On 2/5/2015 Ilikeshade said:

I doubt that a man wants to go into a gender neutral stall and see the metal trash can that's attached to the side that's filled with bloody sanitary napkins, etc along with the smell. Uh huh....no man wants to see that or be in a bathroom full of menstruating women changing pads or tampons.

I'm not a man, and I wouldn't like that either. In fact, I don't think I've ever been in a bathroom that bad. Maybe I've been lucky. But that's a result of unkempt bathrooms, not of the s*ex of the people using it.

Oh I have seen that in public bathrooms and especially if the Mayor is talking about ones that are in public buildings....I sincerely doubt that housekeeping visits each and every one of them every single day. So, yes they do sit there until their next visit. Also, what about the bathroom stalls in parks. It all depends on how much the municipality is willing to spend to keep them clean.

Honored Contributor

Yikes! Good point, Found. It's been almost 32 years since I dealt with that sort of thing and I never even think about it anymore (hyst at young age). Boy, don't I ever NOT miss that stuff but even as a female I don't even think I want to see that. ha!

Honored Contributor

I've been in plenty of male restrooms because of the crazy stupid lines to get into the women's restroom. I just yell and enter. LOL. No big deal.
Respected Contributor

On 2/5/2015 bikerbabe said: I've been in plenty of male restrooms because of the crazy stupid lines to get into the women's restroom. I just yell and enter. LOL. No big deal.

Well if you gotta go, you gotta go! Big difference in sharing day in day out.

Respected Contributor

Good grief. See post #43.

I don't know why I bother to post here. Meh.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____