Honored Contributor

Re: Gender Neutral Bathrooms

Every outpatient procedure I have had done at our local hospital is gender neutral restrooms. So it doesn't leave the patients much choice.
hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

On 2/5/2015 reese2 said:
On 2/5/2015 terrier3 said:

I have been to many countries in Northern Europe where this is quite common.

Since when did elimination (something we all do) become "perverted"?

Women can be just as dirty as men, BTW, when it comes to public restrooms!

No one called the act of elimination perverted. Where did you read that?

I don't care what they do in Europe, I don't live there. I don't want to share a bathroom with men I don't know. The ones I do know at work are bad enough.

Read post #3. It doesn't say the actual act is perverted but I think that might be what she's referring to.

Respected Contributor

On 2/5/2015 Smaug said:
On 2/5/2015 colliegirls said:

Its only for SINGLE USE bathrooms.

Would have been nice if this had been mentioned in the OP.

It looks like the OP didn't know until she received a response from the mayor's office.

Gender neutral single use bathrooms are a non-issue for me. They already exist in many places.

~Enough is enough~
Respected Contributor

On 2/5/2015 mstyrion 1 said:
On 2/5/2015 Smaug said:
On 2/5/2015 colliegirls said:

Its only for SINGLE USE bathrooms.

Would have been nice if this had been mentioned in the OP.

It looks like the OP didn't know until she received a response from the mayor's office.

Gender neutral single use bathrooms are a non-issue for me. They already exist in many places.

News reports from yesterday all say ""single stall restrooms"". Interesting to note the articles also mention that gender neutral is meant to protect transgender individuals. They are called transgender bathrooms.

BTW I have no problem with this either.

ETA link: http://krqe.com/2015/02/04/transgender-bathrooms-on-top-of-mayors-to-do-list/

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Esteemed Contributor

On 2/5/2015 Cakers1 said:

Not to mention men never put the darn seat down. lol

Plus they make more of a mess, too, if you know what I mean.

Bad idea just for the hink factor.

I hadn't even thought about that side of it. That doubly reenforces it for me.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

On 2/5/2015 KYToby said:

As usual, people panic and become hysterical without knowing any facts -- including the person who started this thread. Is it any wonder our world is in the state it is in when people cannot take 30 seconds to find out the truth?

The mayor's proposal would, in no way, affect restrooms with multiple stalls. Those would stay single-gender restrooms. The mayor's proposal is for more restrooms which have only a single toilet and sink -- these would be gender neutral. In other words, just like many businesses already offer such "family restrooms," the city would offer more public restrooms like this.

Sheesh!

Now it makes sense!!!! Thanks for the clarification. I swear, it's getting the point where you just can't believe anything that people post here....they either get it all wrong....or they give it their own spin...lol

Respected Contributor

I really don't like gender neutral restrooms. But if they are going to have them they need to leave a pair of rubber boots outside the door for the ladies.

Super Contributor

Any one who has traveled has been faced with this for years. Airplanes, buses, etc. don't have separate restrooms and I can't think of a time in the past when they did.

I think it is an issue whose time has come. With more single parent families, it is a basic necessity as Moms need to accompany small boys and Dads small girls when use a restroom. I think it is a much scarier proposition when you see a parent sending their child alone into the appropriate single gender restroom and saying "I'll be waiting right outside".

Honored Contributor

On 2/5/2015 Linders Back said:

Any one who has traveled has been faced with this for years. Airplanes, buses, etc. don't have separate restrooms and I can't think of a time in the past when they did.

I think it is an issue whose time has come. With more single parent families, it is a basic necessity as Moms need to accompany small boys and Dads small girls when use a restroom. I think it is a much scarier proposition when you see a parent sending their child alone into the appropriate single gender restroom and saying "I'll be waiting right outside".

Again at Disney last week, my husband said a man brought his two daughters into the men's bathroom. I asked him did he take them into a stall, he said no they could plainly see the men using the urinals.. there is just something wrong, in my opinion, with that picture....

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

On 2/5/2015 Smaug said:
On 2/5/2015 NoelSeven said: Another thing to think about... taking your little girl into a public bathroom with men in there. It's a crazy idea!

I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable changing my baby's diaper with a strange man looking. What a dumb idea.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices