Honored Contributor

Gee, I hope I don’t forget 😆

I have my yearly eye appt. on Tuesday. Friday I got a voicemail reminding me, great.  This AM. I got an email telling me to check my online acct. , this was another reminder. 10 Min. ago I got another phone call reminding me. It makes me laugh, because I’m OCD about appointments, and am always early. Is your hospital this efficient ?  😆

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Re: Gee, I hope I don’t forget 😆

Just w/phone calls.   I also mark my giant wall calandar w/red sharpie of all my appts.

No medical business has my email addy. 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I have my yearly eye appt. on Tuesday. Friday I got a voicemail reminding me, great.  This AM. I got an email telling me to check my online acct. , this was another reminder. 10 Min. ago I got another phone call reminding me. It makes me laugh, because I’m OCD about appointments, and am always early. Is your hospital this efficient ?  😆

I get reminder calls, emails and texts. Woman LOL

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I get reminder e-mails, texts and phone calls too -- even from my vet!

Honored Contributor

I take my elderly mother to the podiatrist. They give you an appointment card when you leave, mail you a reminder card, and call you the day before. I said to the receptionist there is no excuse for missing your appointment, she said you wouldn't believe how many people forget!

Honored Contributor

Yes, my group practice does the same thing.  It's because so many patients think nothing of breaking  appointments without calling and many patients do forget their appointments. They get the reminder call on Friday and totally forget by Tuesday.  Those no-shows create havoc in doctors offices.  And then there are the ones who have an 11am appointment and show up at ll:50.  Apparently, it never occurs to them to call and say "I'll be late, can the doctor still see me".  My group practice calls, emails and if agreet to it, they even text.  I opted out of the texts.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a dr appt Wed of the coming week....have had two reminder texts and a link to pre-register for the appt so I don’t have to fill everything out by hand when I get there (the dreaded clipboard). Most of the info on the form was blank even though they have all my info and I have no changes. Have seen this dr many times. Pain in the neck to spend 20 minutes filling in the blanks again, no auto- fill either. The only thing I had not seen before was being asked to scan my credit card so they could have it on file. I declined....then they ask three times...” are you sure you want to decline?” To which I say yes three times. I would never give a dr office access to my credit card number unless I am there in person using it. O
I write down all appts for me and for DH on a all calendar we both can glance at and also put them in my phone and in a small calendar book I keep open on the kitchen table. I set an alarm for the time I need to leave for the appts on my phone when I input the appts. No way do they need to remind me!

Honored Contributor

Most of these reminders will state,

Text:  ’To confirm, type C & send’ or

Voice message: ‘Call & leave message to confirm’

...something to confirm you got it. 

I would assume the reminders would cease once confirmation

has been made. I only receive 1 reminder & I confirm.

Honored Contributor

We get a phone call as well as an email alert....but like you, I would never miss appt....the appt is also written on my calendar on the fridge.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Just w/phone calls.   I also mark my giant wall calandar w/red sharpie of all my appts.

No medical business has my email addy. 

@Mz iMac , It just directs me to my  E  Account, which is password protected.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan