Honored Contributor

Re: Gee, I hope I don’t forget 😆

@sidsmom wrote:

Most of these reminders will state,

Text:  ’To confirm, type C & send’ or

Voice message: ‘Call & leave message to confirm’

...something to confirm you got it. 

I would assume the reminders would cease once confirmation

has been made. I only receive 1 reminder & I confirm.

Actuallt, they just want you to call if you can’t make the appt.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

Most of these reminders will state,

Text:  ’To confirm, type C & send’ or

Voice message: ‘Call & leave message to confirm’

...something to confirm you got it. 

I would assume the reminders would cease once confirmation

has been made. I only receive 1 reminder & I confirm.

No.  For several of my doctors I get a call, an email and at least one text.  I confirm each and every one, but that doesn't stop the others from coming anyway.  I think each of the systems (phone, email and text) are programmed separately and don't communicate with each other.  So you get notified by each system.  Personally, it doesn't bother me. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1    I hear you!   I’ve been getting these for medical appointments for the past few years.  Now I’m getting them for a car servicing appointment this Tuesday!   

I hope I don’t forget. 😉

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac :  We use a giant wall calendar for appointments, reservations etc.  We are tethered to our phones and tablets but "old school"calendar means all devices have same info, so it works for us.  Sometimes we get razed when we pull out calendar (too bad).

Honored Contributor

Only my dentist .....  I keep everything on my calendar so it is overkill.

Respected Contributor

Yes, we get calls and e-mails.  Adding insult to injury, the looooong phone message is repeated twice.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

@QVCkitty1    I hear you!   I’ve been getting these for medical appointments for the past few years.  Now I’m getting them for a car servicing appointment this Tuesday!   

I hope I don’t forget. 😉

Iwas surprised because it used to be one phone call, I guess  the policy has changed.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

I'm sitting at my computer an notice someting blinking at me...Mz iMac it's your nic.

Oh well, it was just very strange...

Respected Contributor

My dentist used to remind patients about appts endlessly. I complained about the almost daily reminders, as I suspect did others because they stepped back on the frequency soon after. They were the type of text where you had to confirm your acceptance. I don't mind confirming, but not everyday!

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

I also get the automated call reminders, emails and texts.  My doctor's practice even texts approximately 20 min before the appointment with a text stating, "It's time to leave for your appointment..."  I've never been late but I am guessing many people are for them to do that.