Esteemed Contributor

Re: Gator or Godzilla in Naples, FL ?

OMG!!!! ..... if I saw that thing in my yard I would leave everything behind & leave the state ASAP .... how terrifying!!! .... that thing looks like it’s big enough to break through a door or window without any effort.... run run run as fast as you can!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

That's one reason why I don't live in Florida. Scares me to death.

@SilleeMee 

Not to mention the pythons, etc. that have invaded FL.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

What is the black thing and that red ball? That could help judge how big he is..

It may just be the angle of the camera that makes it took so big. 

The red ball is indicative of the area on the tee box where you must hit from either parallel to it or behind. If it's like most courses, it's the ladies and/or senior tees. It looks huge to me. Bigger than most markers that I see. 

The black container most likely contains a mix of grass seed and soil.  If you take a big divot on your drive and it explodes into tiny pieces, there's nothing to stomp back into the ground so you fill the gash with seed. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee 

@KingstonsMom 

Yes, those things, too. I saw a video where it showed a huge python wrapped around a poor manatee. I think it was trying eat the manatee!

Honored Contributor

One of the many reasons I will never live in FL!!!!

Honored Contributor

Although I don't find that alligator particularly scary, I'm definitely not a Florida person.  It's the snakes that terrify me.

Honored Contributor

When my parents first moved to Fl back in the early 90s one rarely heard about alligators...I think at one time they were even on the endangered species list.

Today however they have certainly made a huge comeback!  Whenever I would go visit mom in FL (usually late winter/early spring) there is always a news story about a gator on someone's lawn, pool or porch. 

Mom even told me that one of her doctors had one on his front porch...that would FREAK me out!  UGH!!

Honored Contributor

@January121 wrote:

OMG!!!! ..... if I saw that thing in my yard I would leave everything behind & leave the state ASAP .... how terrifying!!! .... that thing looks like it’s big enough to break through a door or window without any effort.... run run run as fast as you can!!!!!

Although I would never want to come face to face with one, I think I would feel safe in my house from one.  I don't know, has an alligator ever broken down a door?

I know bears have. And for that reason, I'm more scared of bears.

I hope to never see either one though!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee 

@KingstonsMom 

Yes, those things, too. I saw a video where it showed a huge python wrapped around a poor manatee. I think it was trying eat the manatee!

I would be scared to death for my animals!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

Dont fear living in Florida..

I live in Florida. All my life. I've only seen 1 gator outside of their habitat spontaneously. It was in my then-apartment's  parking lot. We had an waterway that led to a pond-like area behind our building. He was lost, it was mating season. It was 8ft about. Not a huge looking as this one. We called management so they could send maintenence to watch it so others werent surprised by it accidently.  and the Animal services and to say the least didn't get to our car. 

I was just grateful it wasn't night time.