Honored Contributor

Re: Gas prices getting higher May 2022

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

My nephew paid 6.69 a gallon in California last week....

@Nataliesgramma 

CA has probably the highest prices in the country.  I just wish we had some "advance warning" with increases.

For the past month, my favorite "cheapest" station had gas at $5.49 and holding.  Last week I was tired and passed on stopping.  The other day I made a point to get gas, and the price was $5.65 ... for regular!   Grrr ...  Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Record-breaking diesel gas prices are a very worrisome part of the overall ominous picture.

Farmers and ranchers use a lot of diesel fuel.  Add that to the increase in prices for fertilizer, weed control, equipment and repairs.

And then there is the drought in the west and too much rain in the east.

I wouldn't expect food prices to come down any time soon.

Honored Contributor

I think this will be a big problem for those who commute to work or drive their kids to school etc. But for those who go to stores etc, it just takes less driving around to stores. 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

I think this will be a big problem for those who commute to work or drive their kids to school etc. But for those who go to stores etc, it just takes less driving around to stores. 

Gas prices also affect travel. I'm more likely to stay closer to home or shorten my trip.

Esteemed Contributor

In Connecticut, the gas prices are about $4.30 for regular unleaded. Much, much higher for premium and diesel. It's so out of control now. 

Honored Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud  I'm not thinking we'll see much change until the world situation changes.  My brain is on a WWII time schedule.  Really ugly thought, I know.

Esteemed Contributor

I checked prices online today in my area and the highest price for premium is $6.50.  Most other stations are hovering in the $5.50 range.  

Honored Contributor

Gas has been $3.59 here for the last couple of weeks.  

Honored Contributor

I've been feeling more and more like a camel these days. Each day ...one more straw. 

Respected Contributor

Maybe people will stop buying over sized pick ups and suvs that they don't need for their jobs.